Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:27 PM

Here's what I do for different quilt projects and each different block, border, etc.  First of all my projects are organized into large zip loc baggies and labelled with the size, type, and project name and color. Example: One bag says 3 1/4 inch X 21 inch black border for Steve's Quilt. If it has a block name the block name goes on the baggie as well. Then all the different baggies of each project are organized into the three drawer organization plastic bins I have that are surrounding my quilting/cutting table.  Each one goes into a different drawer. I have like five of these so that makes 15 projects at a time plus the one on the table. Plus the pattern, instructions or magazine goes into the same drawer as the respective project. I normally never go 9 on a given time. The rest of the drawers contain all my quilting patterns not in use, magazines etc.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 750
Wendy replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 6:51 PM

Great ideas Carey, thank you!

Wendy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:37 PM

I bought six plastic bins, because of course, no one has more than two or three UFO's at one time.  I now have 10 or 12 and I have a project on the long arm, one by my sewing machine and placemats to sew binding on by my armchair.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use