Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 3,805
Paula Posted: Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:07 PM

I just got home Sunday evening from a great week of sewing and quilting with a group of quilting "sisters" in Stafford, Kansas. We finished 40 quilts for our veterans and soldiers and have 59 tops that were completed and each of us brought some home to finish, it was a week filled with fun and laughter. We all met about 5 years ago on an embroidery site and we quilt for charity...we are "Quilters for Comfort" and have  a yahoo site if you'd like to see some of our work. We are scattered all over the U.S. thus the meeting place in Kansas, kind of "in the middle"! It's great to be able to share our quilts with those in need and those that just need a gentle "hug" from home that a homemade quilt can give...hope I can do this for many more years!!!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:44 PM

What a wonderful way to spend a week!  Thank you for taking your time to make sure our veterans feel loved...You and your quilting sisters are amazing!

Trudy

Trudy

Downey, CA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 113
Points 2,165
Anne replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 6:12 PM

That is so awesome of you and your 'sisters'! That is something that I would like to do but need to get better at creating the hugs....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 10:28 PM

Paula:
We are scattered all over the U.S. thus the meeting place in Kansas, kind of "in the middle"!...it was a week filled with fun and laughter.

That sounds kind of like our new regional QCA quilting retreats except that we aren't working towards a group goal.  How often do you and your "sisters" get together?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 11:09 PM

Paula, sounds like you all had a great time. and for a great cause.. Good for you gals ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 12:15 AM

This sounds wonderful Paula. I'm glad you all had a great time. I found your group on Yahoo but the photos are for members only. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 3,805
Paula replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 4:53 AM

We meet once a year in July, that month has always been for patriotic quilts, but in 2008 we decided we wanted to meet each other in person and it was wonderful, like going to a family reunion,instant love for one another, thus we call each other "sister"! I think sewing and quilting people just have big hearts and giving attitudes and so it's easy for us to feel love toward one another.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:31 AM

Trudy,

I couldn't help but notice that your from my home town, Downey.  Its nice to see a post from someone from home.

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 6:36 AM

Paula:
quilting people just have big hearts and giving attitudes

Oh, Paula I so agree with you.  I am so glad you have such a wonderful time.  Ginny

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use