Top 10 Posters

What other hobbies do you have besides quilting?

Page 5 of 8 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965
I tend to sew quite a bit for my granddaughter and my nieces. I also make doll clothes for my granddaughter's doll. My other joy is sewing pillowcases (Pillowcases of Love) for a local hospital; the pillowcases go to seriously ill children. Oh, I also read, do a small amount of gardening (my tomatoes are doing great this year). I make my own greeting cards . . . If I'm not crafting, I resting my back and watching crafting/quilting shows that I TiVo. I'm a DIY kind of gal. :-)

Oregon

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70

Genevieve, I also love to sew clothing, handbags, and aprons, home dec projects.  In order to support these hobbies, I shop at thrift stores for good quality clothing so I can take them apart and re-use them.  What a money-saver this has been!  Also love to bake, practice the piano and spend time with my 3 grandchildren, and not necessarily in that order. And then I like to re-paint old furniture.  Thanks for asking, and Happy Hobbying to all !

Arlene

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 6:37 PM

Arlene

Welcome.  Sounds like you stay really busy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 7:11 PM

hi arlene, welcome  to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70

Nana and Gini, thank you!  This is the first time I have been in a blog ( is that what this is??) One thing I am not is mechanical or technical. :-)

Arlene

o.k., I just looked to see that this is a forum, a discussion, not a blog.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Arlene, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 303
Points 7,050
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Sep 9 2011 11:10 AM

sillysister:

Genevieve, I also love to sew clothing, handbags, and aprons, home dec projects.  In order to support these hobbies, I shop at thrift stores for good quality clothing so I can take them apart and re-use them.  What a money-saver this has been!  Also love to bake, practice the piano and spend time with my 3 grandchildren, and not necessarily in that order. And then I like to re-paint old furniture.  Thanks for asking, and Happy Hobbying to all !

Arlene

Hi Arlene, you sound an awful lot like me, I haunt thrift stores for silk and wool for quilts and felting and also old furniture to redo. They really are a money saver. My oldest grandaughter is will be in an apartment rather than a dorm this year for her third year in college and we're working on some furniture together. Reminds me of when we cut up some of her baby clothes, (she was twelve), to make her a Sunbonnet Sue quilt.

Judy E. in Enumclaw

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
two4bev2 replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 10:34 PM

I love to machine embroider. I started with the one needle Bernina but now have the 12 needle voyager.  When it's good, it's VERY good. I love to garden roses and vegetables. I love to squeeze my grandbabies.  all I need are more days in the week.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55
Sunnie replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:27 AM

I'm an artist but have been very busy quilting this summer. Have 3 baby quilts to make by Oct. 1st. I also play the flute and the Folk Harp.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:39 PM

bev and sunnie, welcome to the group.   what's a folk harp

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:21 PM

Welcome Bev and Sunnie...BTW I have a daughter named Sunni and the other one is Stormi!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:58 PM

Karla:
.BTW I have a daughter named Sunni and the other one is Stormi!

Karla, I love the names and are there personalities like their names?

BTW looks like I missed welcoming a lot of new members.  WELCOME to all the new members I missed.  Enjoy and have fun with us. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 6:11 PM

Marie:

Karla, I love the names and are there personalities like their names?

Just about the exact opposite...Stormi has a pretty easy going disposition and you have to push pretty hard to push her buttons...She's a Cancer born in July.  Sunni on the other hand has a temper like her father's, just look at her wrong and you'll probably hear it...although she is the one who is the pushover for anybody she thinks is in need, and the first one in tears.  She is a Scorpio, born in November.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55
Sunnie replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:17 AM

Oh Wow! How neat that is! My parents named me Sonya and I have a cousin, Sonya 9 days older then me. When we finally attended the same high school it was confusing when some one passed us in the halls and said "hello Sonya" and one of always said, "do you kinow that person, I don't". One day my cousin said " one of us is going to be called something else and it isn't me. That's how I got my Nick Name of Sunnie.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55
Sunnie replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:26 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Some Folk Harps sit in the players lap. Mine is larger and sits on the floor. But it is much smaller then a Harp. It does have almost as many strings as a large harp. When I was in Jr High School my aunt told me for my birthday they were giving me a musical instrument. I had to let them know what I wanted to learn to play. I said, "a harp"! My mom said NO! She had a friend that played one and every time she had to play away from home, they had to hire a truck to take harp where ever she needed it. So I ended up with the Flute. I love the Flute. About 20 years ago at an Art Festable (sp), I saw a man who made Folk Harps. He made me mine. My harp is light enough that I can pick it up with one hand and it fits in the back seat of my car.

Page 5 of 8 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use