Top 10 Posters

What other hobbies do you have besides quilting?

Page 4 of 8 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 33 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

Reading, sewing, embroidering, camping.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 120

I enjoy reading (Kindle owner), word games, hidden picture/match 3 computer games, and knitting (primarily socks). I usually do my socks with 2 circular needles but just this week bought a loom and am going to try that as soon as the weather cools off. Also am a novice flower gardener. Not a clue what I am doing with that, but enjoy the flowers and birds, so I'm fumbling my way with that. Also have a 1 year old and a 2 year old grandsons that try to keep Grammie on her toes.

Sally

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Is there anything besides quilting?? LOL  I love to read, am addicted to Criminal Minds and Rissoli and Isles, NCIS, CSI, etc. And 48 Hours. Also love flower gardening, landscaping, photography, grandsons highschool football, spending time with family and friends, antiquing, flea marketing, walking, and last but not least, eating!! And working one day a week at my LQS, wich is fun, not work.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 110

I am also a professional decorative artist.  Many days it is an inner fight as to whether I go out to the studio to paint, or I go upstairs to the sewing room to work on quilts.  Of course, if I pick up a novel (another passion), both sewing and painting suffer.  Carol395@strat.net

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

I can be found doing sewing (Barbie outfits for my 5 granddaughters) reading, cross stitch, baking, cooking, decoupage, fly tying, and crocheting..  I also enjoy walking and riding my bike on the trails close by..  I have been known to scrapbook alot also, but , mainly for gifts only.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 10:42 PM

Other than quilting, I  love to read, and mostly how-to books, sometimes fiction.  i also crochet, and have tried needle tatting....and tending to my pot plants.  since I joined, i spent alot of time online learning more stuff!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 434
Points 6,955
Mz M replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 11:35 PM

Other hobbies besides quilting?! Come on now, really..... I make cards, scrapbook, read and read more. I would love to get into basketmaking as I have been very insired by a woman who recently joined. I had made one basket, a tote, several years ago and really enjoyed it but as life has it - I had to relocate many many miles from the woman who showed me how to make the basket. I also like to watch BONES, CRIMINAL MINDS, NCIS, NCIS LA , FRINGE and BURN NOTICE. Oh, and STAR GATE.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

i am a very creative person. I got tired of one dementional projects, so I started wood carving.  I started off with "chip carving", then soon was carving big head bust projects.   When I am outside I am carving, inside sewing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:44 AM

I envy you the ability to carve wood. My DH has been doing that for years and I have the beautiful pieces to prove it.  But, I would cut my fingers off, for sure. Using a rotary cutter is dangerous enough for me. I used to cross stitch but, after seeing that I have so many samplers not even framed yet, I gave it up. Still have not gotten those framed.  I read, only at night though.  I am a point and plant gardener. I point and DH plants.  I am hooked on some hidden object computer games. trying to keep my mind sharp. I think I am losing in that. My memory is really not great now.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 11:26 AM

I love to read mostly Sci-fi and Mystery. My current favorite authors are Jennifer Chivarini, Erlene Fowler, Rita Mae Brown, Lillian Jackson Braun, Mercedes Lackey, and The Hannah Swenson series. I am a huge hockey fan and spend most of my non-working time at the rink with my DS (8) watching his games and practices. I do like to watch NCIS and Warehouse 13 whenever I can or DVR it for a later time.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 150
Susan replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:37 AM
Carol, My twin is the painter,she does lovely work.Do you have any pictures to show? My twin keeps telling me to lay down the needle and fabrics and join her hobby,LOL. Of course I tell her the same. Today I am doing a demonstration on another project happy painting..... Susan
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:15 AM

Well, that's a loaded question! 

I love doing other things in my "free" time, but I'm foremost a mom to a busy tween (11 yo boy), wife, and daughter.  I'm on disability so I'm home a lot, but believe me, this does NOT mean I have more free time!

If I ever do/did have free time, you would catch me reading, surfing the net, playing with my pets (2 dogs, 1 cat, bird, fish), attempting to garden (can't do much due to disability anymore, but I try to maintain what I have), photography, and listening to music or watching movies.  I'm a huge fan of doing what you feel you really want to do and not necessarily what you HAVE to do, but I don't always have that opportunity. 

BD (before disability), I painted, did cross stitch, beaded, worked with kids, volunteer at the animal shelter.  I'm trying to get the crafts going again if my body will let me!  (Hence why I'm here!)  I love being artistic and doing things I enjoy and will be beautiful to me.  I'm going to attempt to teach myself how to crochet, so that ought to be an adventure!  I have beautiful yarns I've bought and are still in bags, waiting to be transformed!  I've made an afghan big enough for my hubby and I when we were first married (it's about 6'5" long by about 7' wide!). 

Whatever I do, I try to find a way to bring peace and balance to my life.  Not easy by any stretch, but I'm working on it!  (If anyone here crochets and has pointers, let me know!  Heaven knows I'll need them when I get going!!!!) :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:38 AM

Viki:
I love being artistic and doing things I enjoy and will be beautiful to me. 
Viki:
I'm a huge fan of doing what you feel you really want to do and not necessarily what you HAVE to do, but I don't always have that opportunity. 
  I, too, love to do many artistic things, sometimes for myself, sometimes for others, sometimes with my grandkids.

Last year my grandkids and I made mosaic stepping stones for the garden/patio area.  They turned out great and they love showing everyone the ones that they made.  I've dabbled in oil painting, cross-stitch, crocheting, beading, etc., but quilting is my real love.  My grandchildren are all boys, but they all want to learn to quilt.  The 12 yo has made a quilted pillow for his mom, the 6 & 7 year olds have just helped me select fabrics and patterns.  They are so anxious but I haven't trusted them with the sewing machine yet, soon though, I think.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,835
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 10:28 AM

Besides quilting, and work to pay for my fabric..LOL, I knit, scarves,socks.  Love to see the new yarns coming out.  I also crochet( a table cloth) , cross stitch (right now my Christmas stocking...),  bake, garden, read lots and watch TV when I have hand work to do.  We just got a kitten so that keeps me busy. DH and I love to travel when all the work is done outside or to go visit family 2000 miles away.  So with our sons about 1000 miles away, I keep busy as well as I can.

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 735
abbey replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:20 PM

I like to crochet but I tend to pick it up and down so much that I literally have a blanket that will one day be huge, (It's as wide as I am tall, five foot five, and made out of scrap yarn that I have nothing else to do with. It's definately ugly but for some reason I just love it so.) if I ever get around to actually finish it. I have been working on it for years, just here and there. Honestly though, I mostly work and spend free time doing homework.

Page 4 of 8 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use