Top 10 Posters

What other hobbies do you have besides quilting?

Page 2 of 8 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:35 AM

Betty Wojtowicz:

I just finished a book on prayer, and I'm going to re-read it to let it all sink in!

What was the name of the book? Who is the author?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 780

The title is Sun Stand Still and the author is Steven Furtick. I got it for my Kindle, but I kind of wish I'd gotten the hard copy version so I could mark it up.. It seemed a little out there when I first started, but it all came together in the end.  He's not off the deep end, in my opinion.

Betty

Soddy Daisy, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:08 AM

Besides quilting I love to read.  I got a kindle for my birthday and have been reading constantly.  I also enjoy crochet and  Crazy Quilt embellishing.  I love to cook but hate to clean the kitchen...LOL> I enjoy Bible study and listening to Christian music....Love the Gaither's Homecoming show on TV.  I also enjoy watching NCIS and Criminal Minds as well as Burn Notice.  Volunteering for my church also ranks high in my priorities as well as my family.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:37 AM

Betty Wojtowicz:

The title is Sun Stand Still and the author is Steven Furtick. I got it for my Kindle, but I kind of wish I'd gotten the hard copy version so I could mark it up.. It seemed a little out there when I first started, but it all came together in the end.  He's not off the deep end, in my opinion.

Thanks Betty - I just ordered it on the Nook. You gotta love instant books without having to leave your house!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

I love to read. My hubby and I both have Kindles. I also enjoy photography and playing with images on the computer. I've created an extensive family history book through ancestry.com. Took a couple years but it turned out really good. My other project has been a family recipe book for my granddaughter. I used the program Scrapbooking and each recipe page has a family photo. For example, my mother's recipe for Clam Chowder has a photo of us clam digging at the bay. Another recipe has a photo of a quilt I made.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 10:32 AM

Wendy, these are exquisite!  Would love to see more of your gardens.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 10:34 AM

Gini you made me tired again!  A few more posts to read and I'm off to make your block.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
yaners replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:28 AM

Is it a hobby to sit at the ball park?  I have 4 kids who play ball so if I'm not working or quilting I'm watching them in their activities.  Actually the priorities right now are working, kids then quilting and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Would change it for anything.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:46 AM

Judy

I love your recipe book idea.  That is really awesome.

Vinton, Virginia

replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:05 PM

I have had many different hobbies, crocheting, knitting, scrapbooking, and even lace net darning which is really fun. But these things are not primary interests. I also do scherenschnitte (paper cutting) and genealogy. I have done the genealogy thing for many years and have traced my line back to the 1500’s and my husband’s line back to the 0740’s. That number is not a mistake. The research involved is fascinating and gratifying. But besides quilting I guess my biggest interest has to be free lance writing. I have been doing this for ‘umpteen’ years and have written about food and cooking, camping, antiques, collectibles, interviews, everything! Life has been good.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:13 PM

My other hobbies besides quilting/hand piecing are reading, cross stitching, crochet, needle tatting, gardening and I want to learn how to do bobbin lace, I am a beginner in crochet, gardening and tatting. Lately I have been working on cross stitch bookmarks for a charity.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:20 PM

Valerie:
needle tatting

Not many tatters these days.  I do some needle tatting too.  Want to get better at using a shuttle, but I tend to lose count and it is so much easier to undo the knots with needle tatting.  My grandmother was so fast with a shuttle.  So far I have mostly done small projects as well.  Some small doilies, the largest project was a tatting to go on a collar.  Not the edge but across the top.  Haven't attached it to anything yet.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:29 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I love to read. My hubby and I both have Kindles. I also enjoy photography and playing with images on the computer. I've created an extensive family history book through ancestry.com. Took a couple years but it turned out really good. My other project has been a family recipe book for my granddaughter. I used the program Scrapbooking and each recipe page has a family photo. For example, my mother's recipe for Clam Chowder has a photo of us clam digging at the bay. Another recipe has a photo of a quilt I made.

Oh my gosh!  I almost forgot that I, too, have a family cook book in the works!  Still waiting on some lazy cousins, while I keep emailing them for stories on top of the recipes...  and I love to read, too, but mostly on the bus as it takes me into Denver for work.  Funny, sometimes, to see all these people on the bus with books in front of their faces!  It makes you think you are a traveling book club (especially if it's a popular book and everyone is reading it...)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

Nana:

Judy

I love your recipe book idea.  That is really awesome.

Thanks Nana. Maybe I'll add a complete section to the book of "quilted recipes".  Hadn't thought of that before.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

My other hobbies are reading, scrapebooking and cooking with my husband.

Margaret

Page 2 of 8 (118 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use