Top 10 Posters

What other hobbies do you have besides quilting?

Page 1 of 8 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 33 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 1,770
Genevieve Posted: Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:53 PM

We all know you quilt (obviously...why else would you be here?)...but what else do you enjoy doing in your free time?

When I'm not quilting, you can usually find me crocheting, knitting, sewing, painting or cooking/baking. :)

-Genevieve

• | Post Points: 425
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,386
Points 175,253
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 8:02 PM

Genevieve, I crochet, knit, read, but lately I'm addicted to QCA forums and spend a lot of time online.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 8:12 PM

Hi Genevieve, when I'm not working or quilting I love to bake bread, the old fashion way, read, make cards, scrapbook and refinish furniture. I most recently became a hospice volunteer.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 375

Other than quilting I like to read and fish.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:14 PM

My (adult) son is involved in doing the "artist" thing by writing books, stories, etc. and trying to get them published, so he has his own LLC, of which I am a part. So in my spare time (when I am not working for a living) I am writing letters for him, or dealing with his attorneys (I am a paralegal, and am working in real estate).  He also has a war-strategy board game (like Chess, and Chinese Chess) and we are trying to get a manufacturer to notice it.  Meanwhile, he designed the board game, and had it made with a grid on a vinyl "board" so it can be rolled up and transported like chess mats are for tournament play.  The thing is, he wants a MAT to put under this vinyl board, which is ALSO made of vinyl, and I am in the process of sewing up these mats.  Meanwhile, I have thousands of backgammon pieces and 200 vinyl boards stacked in a corner of my dining room.  Hobbies?  I used to do community theatre - but I don't have the time.  I play the piano to unwind......  and I am always tired!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:26 PM

Bella, I read alot , and watch tv, I love shows on History Channel  Travel channel , and movies..I'm an avid True Blood fan .and never miss it . I also play my computer games ,, Only so long  get bored .. and I love to hit the thrift stores ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:55 PM

Geneveve, 

When I'm not quilting, I am outside in my Gardens.  I am most happy when my hands are in the dirt I love to grow things.

here are some of my miniature roses. I took this pic a few days ago.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:58 PM

Wendy, these are beautiful.  I can hardley work on my outside  plants anymore with my bad knees.. I still have lots of house plants and can manage them ok ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:03 AM

we must have two threadso nthe same thing. 

in order of importance   grandkids, family and friends, quilting,  reading, skiing, travel; then the rest, boating, gardening, diving, camping, eating, piano, violin

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:16 AM

Crocheting, knitting (very basic), clothes sewing, mosaics, designing, TV, books on tape, Christian seminary pods casts and other Christian pod casts (I listen while I quilt), world news watching, some gardening and canning, jewelry making - mainly with beads, other crafts along with going to auctions, garage sales and eBay along with collecting more fabric and supplies than I will ever need and trying to start a quilting group at our church.  I also do detailed studies on various subjects in the Bible when I want to know more about a certain topic and love to read about Church history.  I tend to have more I want to do than I ever have time for but don't we all?

Liz K

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245

I love to read so I have been getting books on CD while I have been sewing lately so that I can pass the time doing two of my favorite things.  other then that, when I am not working at my three different jobs I simply can't get enough of my one year old daughter.  And when we happen to be home at the same time and not working opposite schedules so our little girl can always be home with a parent I love spending time with my husband.  I never go grocery shopping or anything without him to make sure that whenever I do leave the house not to go to work, I do it with him.  yep, my family is my free time.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,025
Barb S replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 7:00 AM

I have just started quilting.  I also enjoy crochet, reading and drawing.  When I lived in Illinois, I enjoyed gardening, but here in the rocky soil of the Ozarks I have not been able to grow the flowers I love so much, (except in containers).  I am learning to knit.  I like to cook and collect new recipes.  My husband and I enjoy short travels to historical settings and our dog Georgie.  I have four adult daughters and they and my grandchildren are my life. Since I retired I am enjoying more time for the things I love to do.

Barb

Genevieve:

We all know you quilt (obviously...why else would you be here?)...but what else do you enjoy doing in your free time?

When I'm not quilting, you can usually find me crocheting, knitting, sewing, painting or cooking/baking. :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 780

I watch TV some (NCIS is my favorite show) and I enjoy watching Netflix streaming movies/TV shows while I'm quilting. Right now, I'm watching the Stargate SG-1 Series. I also love to read and listen to music. My favorite music is contemporary Christian. I'm reading my Bible through this year. I received a Kindle for Christmas, so I've been reading a lot of books on that. It's nice because I can read in bed after my husband's fallen asleep.

My biggest passion is kitties. My husband and I did cat rescue for about 4 years, until it got to be too overwhelming. But, as a result we have a houseful of very spoiled cats. We don't take in foster cats any more, but if a stray shows up on our back porch, we won't turn it away. We'll get it into rescue if it's tame or vet it and re-release it if it's feral. (We have a feeding station for the outside cats.)

Betty

Soddy Daisy, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 7:55 AM

Betty Wojtowicz:

I watch TV some (NCIS is my favorite show) and I enjoy watching Netflix streaming movies/TV shows while I'm quilting. Right now, I'm watching the Stargate SG-1 Series. I also love to read and listen to music. My favorite music is contemporary Christian. I'm reading my Bible through this year. I received a Kindle for Christmas, so I've been reading a lot of books on that. It's nice because I can read in bed after my husband's fallen asleep.

Betty we could be sisters! My favorite shows are NCIS (both of them), Bones, Fringe and like shows. I think I have seen every Stargate SG-1 at least 2 times if not more! Did you like the X-Files? And - I have a Nook! My Bible reading is mostly related to specific studies as it's easier for me to stay focused.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 780

I did like the X-Files for the first few years, and I do like NCIS:LA, too!  I'll have to check out Bones and Fringe.  I have to admit it's easier for me to stay focused on a specific study, which is what I normally do. But, I decided to be different this year.  I just finished a book on prayer, and I'm going to re-read it to let it all sink in!

Betty

Soddy Daisy, TN

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 8 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use