This post has 55 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Oct 14 2009 12:06 AM

Linda Lou:
we can drive 50 miles and never leave Houston

We can drive 50 east and go through one town and get halfway to the next. If we drive west, we get halfway to the next town. :-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Sounds like here Judy, not quite that bad.  The closest town to me is 20 miles but, my closest neighbor is about a mile.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:13 PM

I understand Judy,

I miss that here.  It is so busy, you have to really make sure you give yourself enough time to get where you are going if you have to be there at a certain time.  Houston just keeps on growing, and growing.  They annex around small towns before they can get a chance to do so, thereby locking them in and getting the good real estate where ever they can.  Enough rambling

I am looking forward to preview night tonight. 

Althea,

I will take as many pictures as I can.  I will post them, a few at a time, on here (maybe a new forum) .  Gotta run get a shower and get ready for my daughter to pick me up.

Have a blessed evening.  I will try to post tomorrow morning.  I will let you know if I get a chance to drive any long arms LOL  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 14 2009 5:47 PM

Linda Lou, I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see pic's.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Linda Lou:

I will let you know if I get a chance to drive any long arms LOL  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Lou

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a chance to try out some LA, hopefully there will not be long lines to try.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 972
sissi replied on Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:45 PM

Sue or anyone....I just purchased a Tin Lizzie 18 secondhand and I'm just learning....unfortunately I started on a project which I thought woudl be easy...nativity picture for a wall....I'm from Canada (Montreal) and I purchased my machine in the US...a quilter had it and she changed hers for a higher model....there is nowhere that I know of that would help me or show me about the machine...that is close to me....

Now I'm in a rut...my thread keeps on breaking and I have NO IDEA what to do.....Can someone help me PLEASE.....

Celine.

Celine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:50 PM

sissi:

Sue or anyone....I just purchased a Tin Lizzie 18 secondhand and I'm just learning....unfortunately I started on a project which I thought woudl be easy...nativity picture for a wall....I'm from Canada (Montreal) and I purchased my machine in the US...a quilter had it and she changed hers for a higher model....there is nowhere that I know of that would help me or show me about the machine...that is close to me....

Now I'm in a rut...my thread keeps on breaking and I have NO IDEA what to do.....Can someone help me PLEASE.....

Celine.

Celine

I have a midarm and when I have trouble with the thread breaking I first try rethreading.  Then I check thread tension and if that doesn't help it usually means that I have a bad spool of thread.  Also try changing your neelde sometimes they will have a small burr. I hope this helps. I know how frustrating it is when your thread keeps breaking.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 972
sissi replied on Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:56 PM

Actually I started to have the issue when I changed my needle...I did rethread, I have tried to tension...maybe I did not put it loose enough....not sure....but I am getting frustrating....what about the timing...how would I know if the timing is off?  would changing the needle cause that?

Celine

Celine

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 7 2009 4:01 PM

Celine

Changing the needle should not affect the timing.  If your problem started after you changed needles make sure that the needle is seated as far as it will go into the shaft.  Also make sure that you have it turned the right way.  Long arm needles have a half moon shape at the eye of the needle and it needs to be in the back. If none of these help use another needle.  May have a defect in the needle.  The timing is a little harder to mess up than by just changing needles.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Celine, have you done a search on YouTube? They seem to have lots of videos for all kinds of things. Here's a link to one

Thread Jam On Tim Lizzie

From there you should be able to find more.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Celine,

I belong to a Yahoo Group called Home Quilting Systems There are several people on there who have Tin Lizzies, there is also a Tin Lizzie group. They have lots of information and. I have read that the factory in SLC is good, you may try calling them and asking for help all they can say is no and I would be surprised if they would not help you as the ladies on the Yahoo Group say really nice things about them. Good luck with your new machine.

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use