Page 7 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 675
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:02 PM

Hi Loretta, I am another Barbara.  Do you need fabric from Wyoming?  I would love to help.

Barb

Green River, Wyoming

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:31 AM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers.  Nana, I was especially grateful for your comments, other than the support groups I have joined on-line, and my neurosurgeon and the radiologist that diagnosed the Chiari. No one, not even my one doctor, has known what the disease was the first time around.  It makes me feel a little less alone in the world, to have someone actually come back and say they know someone that has Chiari.  The doctors think that mine symptoms probably would have stayed dormant except I had Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion surgery and the trauma to the spine set caused the Chiari symptoms to accelerate.  Wish your Aunt well for me. 

Again, I thank everyone here for the kind and caring words!  I am so grateful that I found this group to not only share my love of quilting, but to also help me get through this very rough time of beginning my new life of being on disability.

Take Care and God Bless

Loretta

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:13 AM

Loretta:

My only loose end is Ohio, because I just got the e-mail address last week to request this state and just sent the e-mail out today, so I am not sure if my friend is going to agree to donate this fabric or not.  She is a quilter so I am hoping that she will be excited to do this for me, but if not, I will probably just purchase this one, so that I can be 100% done with collecting the fabric for the top. 

Loretta - Can I help you out with Ohio or did you get that resolved? It sounds like a truly wonderful endeavor and I admire your dedication! Let me know as I understand you're getting short on time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,198
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:21 AM

Loretta, you are on my prayer list.  God Bless you.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:31 PM

Sheila, I sent you a friend request, once you accept that I will send you the fabric requirements.  Thank you so much for offering to participate.  I was just about to search for quilt stores in Ohio.

Thanks again,

Loretta

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 9:03 AM

Hi Loretta I live in Ohio and would be glad to help if you still need it

Sue D. Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:30 PM

Sue:

Hi Loretta I live in Ohio and would be glad to help if you still need it

Sue D. Ohio

Sue,

Thanks for the offer, but Sheila is sending Ohio fabric sometime this week.  I do appreciate your offer so much.  If you are still interested in sending fabric, I am doing a pieced back, because a lot of people either sent in extra fabric or some people sent in fabric even though they knew I had fabric for the state, but they still wanted to participate.  It's all up to you, I just appreciate the offer, that makes me feel honored that you would think of me.

Loretta

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:47 AM

ALL FABRIC IS COLLECTED, PRE-WASHED AND PRESSED!!!

All of the fabric for the United States Quilt Block Collection Pieced Block Quilt has been received.  I ended up having to buy only 3 states worth of fabric, which is a lot less than I expected.   I also pulled a few fabrics from my stash to complete a couple of blocks where I only received one or two fabrics when I needed three or four, but I'm not complaining, I am so unbelievably happy about how this has turned out, you can not even imagine the feelings I have about this.  I just hope I can live up to everyone's expectations!  I have 58 templates left to copy and then I can start cutting them out.  Then I can start the process of completing the blocks one by one......I'm hoping by the end of the day tomorrow!!!

Thanks again everyone for all of your help in getting fabric to me, and/or just giving me encouragement during this process.  I will be starting to place pictures on my blog hopefully daily while I am working on the quilt just to give updates of the process.  You should be able to follow my process from my main page.

Thanks a lot!

Loretta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:53 AM

Loretta, that is wonderful thath you recieved that much fabric. I want to  wish you luck and keep us posted on how you are doing ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 4:49 PM

Loretta,

How is the quilt coming along??

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

I am excited to see this quilt when it's done, have fun.

Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
Gena B replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:03 AM

Can't wait to see your quilt.  I'm doing something similiar.  I have an 8 1/2" block made from each state.  I've been working on collecting them for 2 years now.  Finally the last state South Carolina is in the mail to me as of yesterday she said.  This has been such a wonderful adventure for me and I can't wait to get all my blocks sewn together.

There is such a variety of block designs and colors that each person has made it will truely be a great quilt when its done.  Good luck with yours.  I'll be watching the progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:33 AM

the last tiem I talked with Loretta,which was early in the year ,she was not doing well ,I don't remember what she is suffering from,but I know it affects her brain. I hope she is doing better I just want ed all of you to be aware that she may be unable to answer . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:32 AM

Oh, how very sad. I will pray for her. Thanks, Barbara, for letting us know.

Sukochi

Page 7 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use