Page 6 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 4:09 PM

Loretta,your welcome ,and you don't have to send anything, ,this is was quilting friends do for each other.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 5:38 PM

I live in California but have a good friend from Arizona that I can ask to purchase fabric.  Do you still need Arizona?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 4:04 PM

Loretta:

Alright, I have run into a couple of snags regarding fabrics:  States are starting to reappear, for different reasons, all legitimate, but, whatever the reason, I still need more states.

Florida

Louisiana

Nevada

New Jersey

If there is anybody that can help out with these states I would be most appreciative.  My hope is to have all the fabric in hand by September 30, 2011.

I'm in Nevada, what kind/color fabric are you seeking?   I have some red, black and white with poker cards on it and I have a large stash so maybe I could help you if  you tell me how much and what colors or print types you would like.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 7:55 PM

Annie, please send me a friend request.  I am actually out of town right now, but I will be home tomorrow night and I will respond and give you the yardage needed for Arizona if it is still on my list.  Thank you so much for volunteering!!

Loretta

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 7:59 PM

Karla,  That would be fabulous!!  Please send me a friend request.  I am actually out of town currently, but will be home tomorrow night, if you send me a friend request then tomorrow or Tuesday, I will send you the fabric requirements.  Thank you so much for volunteering for this State, and project.

Loretta.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 9:51 AM

Loretta ,your fabric for Louisiana came today so I will get out to you today, I like it so I hope it will work in your quilt.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 2:01 AM

Loretta,I forgot to tell you when the fabric came today they had placed three strand of those  Mardi Gras ( not sure I spelled that right ) beads in the package , I thought that was so neat ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 8:48 PM

I thought I had better check in with everyone, I have not been feeling very well for the past two months, my disease (Chiari Malformation) has decided to give me a kick in the pants and make me realize that there are going to be some time when I am completely unable to complete things.  I have not been able to knit, crochet, sew, etc. for almost two entire months, I had a few days when my sister came over and helped me that I was able to do things, other wise, I have been pretty much sleeping anywhere from 12-16 hours per day.  I have finally been accepted by the University of Minnesota Neurology Department and they are going to run some additional testing to see if another surgery will be helpful,  or if just following up with meds is the way to continue.  My Social Security Disability came through about 4 weeks ago, which was a relief after fighting for it for 11 1/2 months.  It's amazing how hard it is to get disability for some people and not for others.  Although, I did go through a few days of depression after the disability was approved because it was only then that I finally fully realized that this was it, I wasn't going to work anymore, I'm going to be home from now on.  I am trying to stock up on projects to work on while I'm at home, different levels of hardness, in case I go through this same type of situation again.  I ended up missing like six exchanges that I had signed up for which I am so upset about.  I had bought fabric for and everything.  Well maybe next time.

As far as the United States Quilt Block Collection Quilt - This is where I am at, I have had to purchase fabric for 5 states, and am waiting for the fabric to arrive for Arizona, Kansas & North Carolina.  Otherwise the fabric was donated for all the other states including Washington, D.C.  This is much better than I anticipated, so I am very, very happy in the end.  Currently I am waiting for the fabrics to be delivered for:

Donated States:   Iowa, Ohio, New Jersey, Washington, D.C.

Purchased States:  Arizona, Montana, North Carolina

All of the purchased states should be here by the end of this coming week.  Iowa was mailed Friday from Des Moines, New Jersey is being mailed Monday.  I have to follow up with Washington D.C., but I believe that is suppose to be mailed this week.  My only loose end is Ohio, because I just got the e-mail address last week to request this state and just sent the e-mail out today, so I am not sure if my friend is going to agree to donate this fabric or not.  She is a quilter so I am hoping that she will be excited to do this for me, but if not, I will probably just purchase this one, so that I can be 100% done with collecting the fabric for the top. 

The next step will be to decide what color sashing to use???  Any thoughts people??  I'm leaning towards Black, but the bedroom is Barn Red, with Gold drapes. 

I am also going to probably do a pieced backing because I got so many extra large pieces of fabric and I don't want to waste any of the fabric, this should be fun, I will probably design the backing on EQ5 or maybe EQ7 if I have it by then.

So...I want to say at this time, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the people who have helped with this project so far, you can never know how much I appreciate what you have done for me.  And to those of you who will help me in the future, because I'm sure I will have questions on some of these squares as I'm completing them....LOL  Thank you in advance for your patience!  LOL

Hopefully I can get started on this project ASAP, because I really would like to get it completed for my DH's family Christmas which is January 1, 2012.  So wish me luck all!

Thanks again,

Loretta Yerbich Aymond

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 8:53 PM

Loretta, My prayers go to you for your Illness I am not familiar with it .but guess it is neurological . anytime you need help please give me a shout ,I'll help with what ever I can. Please keep in touch with us ,so we know how you are doing. Your sister in quitling .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:26 PM

Loretta, I certainly hope you begin to feel better real soon, or that they find something in Minnesota that will be of help.It sounds like you will have all the fabrics you need shortly.  I wish you luck with the quilt for your husband....Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:50 AM

loretta, i hope the medicaitons work for you. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Loretta, i hope that you feel better soon and that the medication will help. 

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 8:58 PM

Good luck we will be here for inspiration and advice if you need us. Hope you feel better hug.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:52 PM

Loretta

I hope the meds will work.  My aunt has Chiari Malformation but luckily didn't have any problems until her 70s.  I will say a special prayer for you.  I know how hard it is to accept a disability.  And it isn't even the disease or the pain that causes the depression it is the realization that you can no longer do all the things you used to do.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 6 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use