rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Fri, Sep 9 2011 6:44 PM

Barbara, you rock! 

I have been sick for the past week and haven't even been able to get on-line until tonight to check where I  was at.  I tell you what, after a week of being sick, it is very overwhelming to walk back into your sewing room when you had things going on and goals set!

I sure do appreciate all your help you have done for me on this quilt, it is amazing!

Thanks,

Loretta.

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:06 PM

Loretta, just got home today form retreat, and your fabric for S.Dakota ,came while I wa away, I will get this out to you on Monday . I was happy to help and look foward to seeing your quilt ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
pcreason replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 11:51 PM

Loretta - I'm from California and would be happy to help!  I live near the coast so I'll either choose blue to represent the ocean or a beige, blue, and green to represent the desert, ocean, and forest.  If you have a preference, just let me know!

Thanks,

Pam

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 10:54 AM

Loretta - I have material from Alaska and the partial California material from my SIL. Not sure about the material from California - seems a little "girly" for a man's quilt but will send it along and let you decide. I'm hoping to get the material in the mail today or Monday at the latest.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
pcreason replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:08 PM

Loretta - I'm from California and would be happy to help you if you're still needing fabric.  I'll either send all blues (for the ocean since I live near the coast), or maybe beige for the desert, blue for the ocean, and green for the forrest.  If you have a preference, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pam

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 5:53 PM

Barbara:
just got home today form retreat, and your fabric for S.Dakota ,came while I wa away,

Barbara,

Received your fabric for South Dakota - one word AWESOME!  You have gone above and beyond.

Thank you so much!

Loretta

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 5:58 PM

LauraLyn:
I have material from Alaska and the partial California material from my SIL. Not sure about the material from California - seems a little "girly"

LauraLynn

So, do you think the California fabric is way out of line for a 50 year old man?  If it is, I would say - go ahead and keep it and use it for something for yourself if you have something to use it for and I will take up the next person who has posted regarding California, if you don't think it's too terrible, throw it in there and we will see how it will fit with the other two fabrics.  That is going to be the biggest issue, because the other two California prints that I have are both prints so I will need something to go with those.

Thanks so much for the Alaska fabric for sure!!!

Loretta!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 1,240
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 6:01 PM

What a neat quilt this is going to be I am in Arizona but you already have it :(

54489-334-8316A1515E9EAACAFAD07A9B1BA72F55

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 6:09 PM

Alright, I have run into a couple of snags regarding fabrics:  States are starting to reappear, for different reasons, all legitimate, but, whatever the reason, I still need more states.

Florida

Louisiana

Nevada

New Jersey

If there is anybody that can help out with these states I would be most appreciative.  My hope is to have all the fabric in hand by September 30, 2011.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 1:31 AM

Loretta ,if you can't get anyone to take one of  the second two ,let me know and I'll help you out ,I really don't mind ,I may need it myself someday ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 1:32 AM

Loretta , I'm really happy you like the fabric ,I thought it was pretty awesome myself..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 12:10 AM

Robin, I just went through all my fabric to make sure I had what I thought I had and I am missing Arizona.  The same person that was going to get me New Jersey and Florida was also getting me Arizona, but her DH came out of remission and he passed away last week.  I just don't feel it appropriate to bother her about fabrics at this time.  So...if you are still interested, friend me and I will send you the fabric requirements for Arizona.  I so appreciate it.

Thanks,

Loretta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 6:40 AM

Loretta, I'm going to pick up Louisiana  It will be a few days and I'll get itto you Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 12:43 PM

Barbara,

I'm going to owe you a lap quilt in return for your generosity!  Or maybe, some knitting or crocheting in return - something different if you don't do those?  Let me know.  I will send you the requirements to you.  Thank you so much!!

Loretta

Page 5 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use