Top 10 Posters

United States Quilt Block Collection Quilt - Need help in gathering fabric

Page 4 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 103 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Aug 11 2011 10:25 PM

Sabrina:
Loretta, I can help you out with Alabama.

Sabrina,

I sent you a friend request, when you accept that I will send you the fabric requirements for Alabama.

Thank you very much for doing this for me.  I really do appreciate it.

Loretta

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 2:14 AM

Loretta, I got the fabric requirements. I'll be going to a local quilt shop this weekend for a class, so I hope to find some fabric for you then. I'll get it sent to you as soon as I find some.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:57 PM

States still needed - the numbers keep going down....ONLY  6 States left to complete.

Connecticut         Delaware       Kentucky

Louisiana               Montana                                

Almost there........Do you think we can get it done before the end of the day on Sunday???  :)  I think we can, I think we can!  I am so close to having all of the states pledged for, I may have a couple that  have to come back and try again on, but I'm going to hold of on those until next week.  I want to see if I can get these 5 done first - any takers??

Loretta

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 2:14 PM

States still needed - the numbers keep going down....ONLY  5 States left to complete.

Connecticut         Delaware       Kentucky

Louisiana               Montana                    

I am still looking for these last 5 states.  I just have this feeling they are going to keep hanging here aren't they?  Any takers???  Any body, know any body, that might be interested in providing fabric for these five  state fabrics?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Loretta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:56 PM

Loretta , the fabric for WYoming came today so I'll get it sent tomarrow . If you have no takers let me know  i'll help some more ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 5:15 PM

gini:
i'll send idaho, what do you need? colors? amount?

Gini,

Your fabrics came today.  I absolutely love, love, love the potato fabric!  This coming from a girl who use to pick 40 acres of Russet Baking potatoes every year when I was growing up.  We had a machine that dug the potatoes, but we had to pick them all by hand and then we sorted them by grade and put them into 100 lb gunny sacks and they were loaded up and hauled off to all the local schools for miles around our farm for many years.  It's amazing what memories a little piece of fabric can prevoke isn't it?  Granted we weren't growing potatoes in Idaho, but Northern Minnesota has their fair share of them.  It was a lot of hard work though, and our small farm went the way of the big corporate

Thanks so much for the memories though that was very special, hadn't thought about that for quite a while. Thanks for the fishing and moose fabrics also.  I greatly appreciate all of them.

Loretta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:26 PM

Loretta , I forgot to tell you the Fabric is on the way ,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 8:53 PM

Barbara, I will be watching for the Wyoming fabric!

Thanks again for your help.

I appreciate it.

Loretta

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 4:41 PM

Loretta:
Barbara, I will be watching for the Wyoming fabric!

Barbara, I received the Wyoming fabric.  Thank you so much, you went way overboard on the one animal print fabric.  If there is ever any fabric that you need and can't find, please, feel free to give me a call!!  This means so much to me.  Thank you again for doing this, it is so special.

Loretta

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:33 PM

Hi everyone, I thought I would post an update of where I was at with the United States Quilt Block Collection Project.  I cannot believe how generous people have been between here and my other online groups that I belong to.  And friends and family that have been willing to pitch in so that as of this weekend I am only missing 5 states to either have the fabric in hand or pledged to be here by September 30th:  Connecticut; Delaware; Kentucky; Louisiana and Montana.  I am still hoping that something will come up, but if not I do have a back up plan to use.    Actual in hand fabrics are coming in every day now, which is so much fun, in more ways than one!  It's fun to get fabric in the mail almost every day and then, having to make sure as of Thursday, last week, that I get the mail before Chris gets home!!  This should be pretty easy, because he almost 100% of the time calls me on the way home from work, but there are those rare occasions that he doesn't, so I will have to come up with something to tell him for those days.  Currently I have 21 completed states and 3 partial states in.  See my picture below....they have all been pre-washed, ironed and placed in alphabetical order (light-dark for each block):

I am now going to trace all the templates from the book and put them in ziploc bags for each state. The common ones of which there are 28 will be kept separate numerically, haven't figured out how I'm going to keep them in order, but I will keep them in a ziploc for sure.  Once all templates are completely traced and cut out I will start cutting out blocks and storing them in labeled ziplocs.  Then I can start sewing!

Below is the Sampler quilt that I made for my husband 10 years ago that I am going to replace with this one.  If you look closely enough you can see that there are several blocks that are falling apart.  When I made this quilt I received fabric from my mother, Chris's mother, his Best Man's mother and I also used fabric in the quilt that I had used in his sister Cindy's quilt.  Since then my mother, his Best Man's mother and his sister Cindy have all passes away.  I do have just enough fabric scraps to fix the blocks that are falling apart, but if any more fall apart I would not be able to fix them.  So Chris wanted me to get the quilt off the bed and make him a new quilt.  This is why I had originally found this book to work on for him. Doing the project this way, as a Thank You gift for him, for doing so much for me over the last two years and collecting fabric from each state, came after talking with other people.  I feel like this is going to be the best quilt that I have ever made and some of my quilts I have really loved.  Just the fact that all the fabric has been given freely out of the same kindness and giving spirit that he has given to me makes this quilt so extra special that I have no words to say how thankful I am to all of you that have become part of this project. 

Thank you again to all of you who have sent fabric already and to those of you who have pledged fabric to send yet.  My goal is to have all of the fabric in hand by September 30th.  I would like to have the quilt top done no later than November 1st, I am still debating if I am going to do a quilt as you go technique or if I am going to have a friend of mine who does long arm quilting, quilt it for me.  I will have to make my decision on that pretty soon.  I will now start to keep you updated with pictures of blocks once I start sewing this week.  I will be sewing alphabetically with what fabric I have on hand.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY FABULOUS PROJECT!

Loretta

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:22 PM

Loretta ,WOW  I can't wait to see , it when finished..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 160
clancy79 replied on Tue, Aug 23 2011 7:59 PM

Hi Loretta, I am from Delaware (the First State) so I have never done anything llike this before. Tell me what you need and I will see what I can do. I assume it should be something to represent the state like the First State or the Fighting Blue Hens etc.....???

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Wed, Aug 24 2011 7:42 PM

State still needed - the numbers HAVE GONE down....

Louisiana      

ONLY ONE LEFT TO GO!!!!  ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 3:26 AM

States have gone up, because people moved and others just didn't have time so they backed out, I also need to get in touch with the person who was taking care of all of my East Coast states she was traveling from Boston to all the other states to pick up fabric, so I may need help in that direction again, I was so close and now I am going backwards...kind of a bummer, but I know I can do this, I know I can do this!!!!  It's too important to me to give up!

States Still Needed for Now:

Nevada                            

South Dakota

Louisiana

Please let me know if you can help out.  I need pledges of fabric by 09/15/11 and Fabric in my hands by 09/30/11.

Thank you so much either way, any help is appreciated!  Take Care & God Bless!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 6:42 AM

Loretta, I got South Dakota, I have even found the best fabric ,  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 4 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use