Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769
Elaine Posted: Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:08 AM

Hi all.  I live in SW Pennsylvania and I love to machine quilt.  I have a husband,  3 children and 2 grandchildren.  So far I have made 4 quilts for family members.  I was thinking about joining a Block of the Month Club on-line since the sewing shop that I go to is not offering one this winter.  Not like I don't have other projects started alreading but I like to have something to start in the new year and work on it all year.  I did a BOM once and really liked it.  Hope you make new quilting friends on this site.

Elaine

• | Post Points: 185
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:35 AM

Hi Elaine,

Welcome to QCA, we are a friendly bunch here I am sure you will find everyone very helpful. I also live in PA more in the central region.

Maria

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Elaine and welcome to QCA. I'm sure you will make lots of friends on this site. Lots of really nice people here!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:44 AM

Welcome!  Yes you can make many friends on the marvelous site.  Everyone here is so friendly and so very quilt smart and talented. 

Look forward to getting to know you. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Elaine! Let us know what BOM you decide to do. I think they're neat, just not my bag. I'd also like to pictures of your quilts if you'd like to post them.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 2:01 PM

Hi Elaine,  Welcome to QCA.  I'm from Virginia so you're not too far away.   I know you will make many friends here.  Tell us more about your quilting style......paper pieceing,  applique,,,etc.  What do you like most.   You will find lots of tips and interesting info here.   Please join in the forums  We'll enjoy hearing from you.

Nancy

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

hi and Welcome Elaine, this is a fun site an the ladies are really very sweet..

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,669
Points 248,487
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 3:11 PM

Hi Elaine, Welcome to QCA - you are living in the state that I hope to move to within the next 5 years - but over in the SE corner in York - have tons of relatives there that I would like to meet...

I live in OK at the moment - a displace NYer by the AF. 

I love to do BOMs and get myself in trouble with too many going so have limited it to 1 a year - this past year I did one called Atlantis - am finishing it up now... There are a lot of quilt shops online that do them... I think the new thimble berries one is starting soon...   I do one that is by Beth Ferriers but hers usually starts  in Feb and runs to Oct... she only leaves the block up for 30 days... if interested in hers next year go to www.applewd.com you cna see the one we did this year.  I love her quilts.

I also used to do a mystery quilt each New Year's Day just to be able to say that I had completed a quilt each year... it got to hard though to with my disabilities - i would push myself on that day to do it all and would pay dearly for weeks to come...

I am very happy that you found us and look forward to visiting with you more often.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Helen Bell:
the ladies are really very sweet

Hmmm. I don't know that I've ever been accused of being "sweet" before. It's kind of like being called a girly-girl! ROFLOL!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Okay what is a BOM?  Theres always something new.

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Elaine.  I live in Washington state. I've been with this group it will be a month tomorrow, the 9th.  Everyone is a lot of fun and can answer anything that you want to ask them. Welcome to the group.

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,020
Points 369,812
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 5:02 PM

Dorothy Gordon:

Okay what is a BOM?  Theres always something new.

Dorothy it's Block of the Month

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,020
Points 369,812
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 5:03 PM

Hi and welcome to the group Elaine. It's nice to have you with us.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 685

I'm far away, up in northern Canada, but want to add my welcome.  I'm not as regular at posting as some of the others, but am always happy to see someone new!

I've looked at BOM online many times but have not yet ventured into that territory.  Keep me posted on how it goes and you never know, I may join you!

Warm smiles from the cold North!

Barb

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 769

Thanks everyone for the big welcome.  I going to try to download some of my pictures.  I do plan on joining the Thimbelberries Block of the Month that starts in January.  I am trying to get my sister to join (she lives in NY) and my sister-in-law (she lives in Virgina Beach).  That will give us something to do together even though we don't live so close to one another.  I'm glad I found this club.  Elaine

Elaine

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use