Top 10 Posters

Hi I am new

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 140

Hi, I am Becki from Greenville Sc and i really enjoying quilting. I have 2 children and 7 grandchildren ,so I am busy help with the grands and making things for them.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:00 AM

Welcome Becki.   I'm glad you have joined us.  WOW  7 grandchildren   I have 2 and the are a handful.   What kind of quilts are are favorites.  Do you machine or hand quilt?   We're really nosey here..teehee/   Enjoy the site and you might want to drop in on the quiltoholics thread....LOL

Nancy     from Va.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Becki and welcome to QCA.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:43 AM

Hi Becki,

Welcome to QCA, how long have you been quilting? I have 4 children and 7 grand children as well. I love quilting and love making them for my grandchildren especially from baby to teenage as they grow, also for family and friends. I have only sold one. Do you hand or machine quilt? I do more machine than anything.

Maria

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Becki!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 5:06 PM

Welcome to the group Becki.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 5:33 PM

Hi Becki, Welcome. You will have a great time here

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Becki:  Welcome to our group.  You are really going to enjoy everyone as we are all friendly.  We really are!

Aren't grandchildren fun.  We had 3 children then 8 grandchildren and now we have 9 great-grandchildren. I was going to make a quilt for the first grandchild and then it hit me if I make it for one I'm going to have to make it for all the others so I backed off.  When my granddaughter Beccy had a baby shower I was thinking I should make a baby quilt. She ended up with 2 beautiful baby quilts that her friends had made.  So I guess the younger generation has taken over.  We live in Washington state.

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,445
Points 243,677
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 6:17 PM

Welcome to QCA Becky... we are a fun group - I lived in Dalzell SC at one time and in Sumter - I was stationed at Shaw AFB.  it is a beautiful state - I am allergic to all the pine trees so was actually glad to move from there but I lived there for 4 years waiting for my next assignment.

I have 1 son and 2 grandchildren - but I have 3 adopted daughters and between them I have 6 grandchildren with 1 on the way.  I love making things for them and have tons of fun doing it.  They love receiving all the hand made things I do for them and are elated when a new quilt comes their way. 

They are all far away from me though so I don't get to see them very often.

I am happy you found us and look forward to getting to know you better.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Hi Becki,

Welcome to QCA.  You are so lucky to have 7 grandchildren.  I have 2 daughters and only 1 grandson and probably will have no more, so I'm envious of all the lucky ladies here with lots of grands to quilt for--maybe you'd all consider letting me adopt one or two?LOL  We have so much fun on this site sharing quilty (and other) things.  Glad you've joined us.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 8:00 PM

welcome becki, we have four girls and  three of them have been busy giving us 6 grandkids.    i'm lucky enough to get to watch two of them every day.   somehow, i seem to end up with more kids at the end of the day than i start with?  don't know how that happens.

this is a fun site, i know you'll enjoy it.  what kind of quilting do you like best?    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 485
Willa replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 8:17 PM

Welcome Becki,  I'm new too and find this site very helpful and fun.  I have 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.  I have made the granddaughter a TV quilt with soccer print fabric.  Her soccer team wanted to do something for the girls and mentioned quilts.  Marissa said "No" mom.  I don't want the girls to have a quilt like mine, it is special.  Then my daughter told me about her son who is 10 and went to 3 days of camp at school.  He not only took a sleeping bag but would not be talked out of taking his quilt from his bed plus pillow sham with pillow but also his TV quilt.  All whet into a couple of garbage bags. Both his parent tried talking him out of taking them to no avail. So to camp they went.  All are from Official NFL fabric.  He is big into football and deffinately loves his quilts.  So much fun!   The other 2 grandsons have a dinosaur quilt and a space quilt.  really fun quilts to make.  Now it's up to the machine and sewing some binding on to a couple of quilts.Willa

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome, Willa, to the QCA forums! I don't think I've welcomed you before. I, too, made both of the grandsons dinosaur quilts.

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use