Hello from Peony

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 785
Jan Posted: Thu, Oct 8 2009 8:40 AM

Hello to all of you in the Quilters Club of America. I have joined this week and look forward to gaining friendship and quilting experience through the club.

To let you know a little bit about myself, I began quilting in 1995. I only made small quilts until 2005 when I began taking formal quilting classes and learned so much more. I moved to another location and worked outside of my home for a while but now I am back home full-time. So, my newest project is to create a quilting space in a room that has been used partly for storage, books, fabrics, you name it!  I am taking advantage of the forum "My Quilting Space" and will post some before and after pictures of the work I do creating my quilting space. In the meantime, I look forward to making new friends and learning more about quilting on QCA. 

Peony

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 8:47 AM

Welcome Peony hope enjoy the site. I know I have

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Peony

Welcome to QCA I know you will make lots of new friends and really enjoy this site.

jay-Marie  UK

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Peony, I think I said Hi to you somehwere already but just in case. Hi and welcome to QCA!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:11 AM

Hi Peony,   

Welcome and enjoy all the site has to offer,   You'll meet some really nice people and get some really great tips.

Nancy

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:16 AM

Welcome, and enjoy. I do.  Wish I had more time to just play on the computer qith the girls but I do have to quilt also.

I have been sewing for many years, started when I was eight. 

I used to be the girl on the floor under my grandmothers quilting frame pushing the needles back up to the quilter on top.  It was fun and It started my quilting addiction.

My first quilt was just a cover to replace an old one. But my biggest push was when I joined a hand quilting class and made my first sampler.  I still have the blocks, never did get it finished. but maybe someday.

got to go:

from Minnesota

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:25 AM

Hi Peony and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. How lucky you are to have gotten your start at such an early age and under the quilt frame. I would love to be able to do more hand work but unfortunately my hands say NO it causes really bad flair ups of my carpal tunnel so I stick to the machine.

Maria

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:41 AM

Hi Peony - I know I said hi before but now that you have formally introduced yourself - thought it was the right thing to do to welcome you again.

I am a self taught quilter - I have read everything I could get my hands on and watched every video and tv program at least once... I love quilting and am a bonafide quiltoholic.

I didn't start quilting till I retired from the AF but I was reading and accumulating fabric for that day.  I have now taken a couple classes in the drafting of blocks.  I love that too.

I am looking forward to seeing your space come to life and learning more about you!

Welcome once again to QCA!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,180
Nancy D. replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:58 AM

Hi Peony,

Nice to meet you! I'm fairly new to these forums and don't write as much as the others, but I love to read everyone's comments & it is a fun group. I bet you will like it.

I live in Houston, Tx and have been quilting for about 20 years. Everytime I read one of these forums I learn new, good stuff. Have fun.

Nancy D.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Thanks for telling us more about yourself, Peony. Again, welcome to the QCA forums!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 785
Jan replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 12:35 PM

Thank you all for welcoming me. I am looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better. Have a great day!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 4:35 PM

Welcome Peony. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Peony welcome to our group.  I've only been a member for about a month and really enjoy this group.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new room which I know you will enjoy.

• Filed under:
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:51 PM

Hi Peony

Welcome to QCA I know you will make lots of new friends and really enjoy this site.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.