rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 180
Donna Posted: Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:10 PM

Hi!

I have just joined this site and am very excited by the number of things I can access here.  I am currently working on a paper pieced quilt with digitized pix of my husband's new airplane.  I have been collecting material for the last three years with various planes, clouds etc to put in it.  I have lots there and have lots to spare as well.  If anyone has any fabric sources, it would be great if you could share them.  It is difficult to get fabric in Canada sometimes, especially when you are looking for a specific theme like airplanes.

I have done Bargello, applique ( although not great) and regular pieced quilts.  I find it to be very relaxing.  I also do smocking, embroidery by hand and machine and I am constantly making dresses for my adorable grandaughters.  So much to do and so little time.  Summer has taken me to the garden and I confess I have not done much in the last 4 weeks.

Glad to be on board, if you have a suggetion for how to use this site, let me know.

Donna

Donna

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,281
Points 413,744
gini replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:21 PM

hi donna, welcome.   it takes a little time to figure out how to navigate this site, and it's pretty user friendly.   the trickiest part is accessing the shows.  you have to register with QNN every year.  there's no charge, but it can be annoying. if you have a question the best place to post is in the messages, as you browse through the posts you will find we are quite gabby.   i  agree with you whole heartedly, so much to do and so little time   and as i get older the time flies even faster.  i think i am approaching light speed, but things aren't slowing down yet.

where in canada are you located. we have a lot of canadian members.  there are several online sources for fabric, the other gals can give you a better idea on novelty fabrics.   i look forward to getting to know you better and seeing some of your quilts     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:14 PM

Hi Donna, welcome to the best site going, great people, lots of help and best of all the friendships you will make.  We love pictures of the projects you've made and are making so when you get familiar with the site please post in the "Show & Tell Gallery".  Most of all enjoy!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Donna.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:18 PM

Welcome to the club, Donna

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:18 PM

Welcome Donna!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

Hi Donna, welcome to QCA.

What exactily are you looking for in the way of fabric? Just different types of planes, or scenery, skies,clouds,landscape etc.? I watch some on ebay, but I also go to some websites-usually when I'm not feeling well and don't have the strength to do anything more than long for all the fabrics out there. I am a stash aholoic. I love fabric. I know I will find a use for it sometime.

I will be glad to keep my eyes open and when I see anything I will let you know. Bettie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:47 AM

Donna welcome to the club, this is a great club with some great people. sound like you have some intresting projects going on yourself . The site is pretty easyto use just takes alittle pratice,,but everyone is willing to help if you get stuck..I hope you will enjoy your time with us .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 5:26 AM

Welcome Donna,

on the QCA home page (on the left) there is a topic called "Getting Started on QCA" this will be a big help in the basics. When in doubt just ask and you will get answers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:14 AM

Donna

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  Just browse the site and have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use