Looking for buttons

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 365
Wismom posted on Sun, Jul 17 2011 4:05 PM

does anyone know where you can order buttons like you would use for purses and other projects? Last year at the quilt expo there was some vendors with some, but I didn't think I needed any at the time. (lol should have known better). I'm looking for some funky colored as well as black but don't find anything local. Any ideas?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
98 Posts
Points 1,490

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is a link:

http://www.mjtrim.com/Catalog/Category/423.aspx

I haven't needed buttons myself but found this site when a friend needed some. They have lots of different kinds so I hope you can find something you can use. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Points 85
judi replied on Sun, Jul 17 2011 5:12 PM

Hello,

I have seen some larger buttons, such as stars....and I know there were others.  If my memory serves me correctly, I have seen them at Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, WI and the Quilt Yard in Osseo, WI.  You may want to call them to see if they have what you are looking for.  Good luck!

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 165

I find buttons in various places........local button societies, craft shows is a good one for unique buttons, friends and so on.  Mood Fabrics has a button section email: moodfabrics.com.    Good luck.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
278 Posts
Points 5,200
kim replied on Mon, Jul 18 2011 10:12 AM

I found this on on the Fabshop Hop. I bookmarked them just for their buttons.  

Nancy J's Fabrics

Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Wismom, I was in Joann's this past Saturday and they had a huge selection of discontinued clearance buttons.  I bought some really nice buttons in all sizes and colors for $.50 and $.97 a card.  Not what I went in for but I had to get a basket to hold all the buttons I purchased.

If you have a Joann's close by, that might be a resource for you.  Not sure about on line??

Good luck.

Darlene

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use