Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Fri, Jul 15 2011 12:31 PM

The registration guide came in the mail today for Wisconsin Public Television / Nancy Zieman (Sewing with Nancy) Quilt Expo in Madison Sept. 8-10, 2011.  Dang!  It looks so good - a quilt exhibit, half day classes, and over 75 one-hour sessions to choose from with really interesting topics, and it's all very affordable.  Have any of you ever been to this, or are you going this year?  Can you believe this is being held on the exact same dates as our Midwest Retreat in Iowa?  I mean, we, the midwest quilters, are the perfect audience for the Expo! 

http://wiquiltexpo.com

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 612
Points 12,830

Oh please.  When all those people hear about our retreat, they will be flocking to Iowa.  Nancy Z. will talking to empty chairs.  She'll whimper a little and take a Greyhound to our little giggle fest.  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 16 2011 9:06 PM

Oh, good.  You're making me feel a little better about missing it.  Maybe she'll want to stream a video of us.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Sat, Jul 16 2011 9:35 PM

MNancy - Although I know you'd have a great time attending Nancy's Quilt Expo, I honestly believe you will have so much more fun at the Midwest Quilt Retreat (I'm actually a little jealous of you all!)!  I've been to this quilt show the last two years (I live right here in Madison) and loved it! Unfortunately, I too will have to miss it this year as I'll be on an Alaskan cruise! I'm definitely making it to next year's expo - maybe I'll see you there!?!?!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 16 2011 9:50 PM

Yes, if it is always the weekend after labor day, then I will mark those dates for 2012. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 875

I am going to the quilt expo this year.  However, depending where the retreat is next year, I will be going there.  I too am excited about the classes and could very well spend all 3 days in classes.  I am excited as this is my first time for this expo.  My experience is that the information you receive in these expo's is awsome. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 875

I am going to the quilt expo this year.  However, depending where the retreat is next year, I will be going there.  I too am excited about the classes and could very well spend all 3 days in classes.  I am excited as this is my first time for this expo.  My experience is that the information you receive in these expo's is awsome. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 85

I have been to a number of these over the past years.  It is one of my "not to be missed" events.  Easy to get to, inexpensive parking, great city, great assortment of classes.  Very enjoyable and friendly attendees. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 30,594
Kelley replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 8:24 PM

I am going to the show... On Sat only but I cant wait...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 425
Wismom replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:41 PM

I'm going too. Decided to do all 3 days this year as I never seem to be able to fit everything in. This year am only doing lectures so I have more time to visit the booths as well as sit on some of the presentation stages. (I never seem to have time to do the stages so that is a goal for me this year.)  Where is the retreat at and is there a link for it? Does it move to a different area each year?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 1:39 PM

Wismom,

I still think the Quilt Expo sounds like great fun, and I plan to go next year.

The midwest retreat was initiated by a some of us in this club wanting to meet each other.  It's been in the planning for over a year, and there are 18 participants attending in Des Moines, Iowa.  Here is the link to the discussion thread: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/15429.aspx?PageIndex=1 

There is a second retreat of QCA-ers meeting in Leavenworth, Washington in October, and tentatively a retreat is being planned for the fall of 2012 in the southeast part of the country.

These retreats are planned by members for members.  There is no regular schedule for them.  They are dependent on someone offering to find and book a location, inviting others, and managing logistics.  I'm sure you'll soon be seeing pictures posted from our two fall gatherings this year, and hopefully other retreats will spring from these!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 4:36 PM

Kelley & Wismom, you'll have to fill us in on what we miss (I'll be at the Midwest retreat, too).  Madison is one place I've always wanted to visit, so hopefully I can make it next year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:43 PM

Eileen, maybe we can share a room!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 30,594
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:19 AM

here is the link..

http://wiquiltexpo.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 1:14 PM

Sounds good to me Nancy :-)

Thanks for the link, Kelley! Have fun :-)

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.