Cleaning an old stained quilt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 205
angceroll Posted: Wed, Jul 13 2011 8:55 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning a quilt? Mainly one that the colors have blead, is their something that will help clean the color up? Thank you

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

You might try the color catcher sheets put out by Clorox, I think. The box says Color Catcher Sheets. They do work. If the color has set, you might use OXI Clean in a tub of warm water. Put the OXI Clean in with the water and mix before you put the quilt in. Let the quilt soak for up to 24 hrs. Check on it to see if it is working. Again you may want to put a color catcher sheet in the tub just in case the color wants to bleed some more. Read the labels for which OXI Clean to use. I use the regular for whites and the one for colors on colors although I had a set in tomato stain on a blue and white tank top. The regular stain remover didn't work and the tee had been through the dryer. I thought I would try the OXI for colors. I put some on the stain and put it back through the wash and the stain was gone! You might try putting the color OXI clean where the bleeding took place, add a color catcher sheet just for extra protection, and rewash the quilt on a gentle cycle. I hope this helps. Bettie

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use