Page 4 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 72 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:26 PM

Star, I love your philosophy.  Buy for the future, good thinking!  I may make a LQS run tomorrow.  Hmmm

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 456
Points 7,145
Mz M replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:52 PM

Karla, your life sounds much like mine in that I was born in MN but raised in SO CA and lived most of my adult life there or in more tolerable weather than here. Can't wait to get back out west! Maybe AZ although Fernley isn't bad! I have driven through there many times while I was driving truck. Nice to meet you.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115

I have to say I'm with you on this one.  How can anyone resist fabic store sales?  I know about 5 years ago I decided to get rid of my stash and took it over to the local store and donated all the fabric to ladies who were making quilts for Childrens Hospital.  When I came in I asked the Manager (who I hate to say knew me my name) if there was a cart I could use.  He said No Problem.  Little did he understand I was coming in with 7 large black garbage bags full of fabric.  My husband was soooo happy that I "cleaned the closet out".  I was happy too. Though not for the same reason. I was happy because it ment I could fill it up again!  Think it's about time again to do that as it's been 5 years..... Happy Hunting and Fabric Shopping!

ps  Have a hard time not looking up to see if there's a quilt store in whatever town I'm in!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:42 PM

starflower, i'm at the stage where i could live to 100 and not use up all my fabric,   does that stop me from buying more?  no-ooo, not so far. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:36 AM

gaitway:
  My husband was soooo happy that I "cleaned the closet out".  I was happy too. Though not for the same reason. I was happy because it ment I could fill it up again!

Loved your story you rascal you!  LOL  

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
yaners replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:38 PM

I love keeping track of my projects.  On my blog I have a page of projects and a page of finished for 2011.  It's fun for me to keep track, I find I'm getting more done than I thought

jane

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,775

Just received 2 quilts back from the longarmers, took 4 in.  Even got a Halloween top done.  Trying to figure out what to do with 18 batik fat quarters in blacks, browns and greys for my brothers 50th bday quilt.  Any suggestions on this one?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 6:23 PM

Lynne, I made a great (and easy)  'guy' quilt called a crooked mile. I used about 14 batik fat quarters I think, and added a border to make it a little larger. Keepsake Quilting had the pattern. You can see a picture of it in my gallery.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:00 PM

Lynne Plambeck:
Trying to figure out what to do with 18 batik fat quarters in blacks, browns and greys for my brothers 50th bday quilt.  Any suggestions on this one?

I found this free quilt block/pattern .. It works great for dark colors...

http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BettysDelightBlock.html

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:19 PM

I shouldn't have looked at that pattern with my dear hubby looking over my shoulder. LOL. He said honey that would be a neat quilt for our bedroom. I told him fine. He can make it for his first quilt. He already knows how to cut the fabric and work on the sewing machine.

He said okay we can go pick out the fabric next week when we get paid if you will quilt it for me. I knew I should've kept my mouth shut . LOL.

Quilty Hugs.

Ann W. in Indiana

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:29 PM

Ann W.:
I shouldn't have looked at that pattern with my dear hubby looking over my shoulder. LOL

So sorry...lol...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 1,770

As for quilts that I've already bought fabric for, I have 5 projects...though I have many more that I'd like to make some day.  :)

I do have many other non-quilting projects started as well though...since I also crochet, knit, paint and sew. If you count all those, I have about 12-15 ongoing projects currently in the house.

-Genevieve

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55

Oh my gosh, I must have about 50 planned projects ! I have 3 quilt tops waiting to be completed, 1 on the cutting table to be sewn, a set of table napkins to do, and 2 pillows and  2 sets of pillowcases to be made, AND 3 quilt kits that I really want to get to. I am a certified fabricholic and buy when something pretty strikes me- I just know I will use it somewhere. I do tend to buy collections and/or designers that I love and that way the fabrics will all go together for a project.  My new thing is jelly rolls (like I needed ANOTHER addiction !), as those make up into a quilt pretty fast. I just hope that I live long enough to get everything done that I have planned !!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:03 AM

welcome bluejean.  You fit right in with most of us.  There are a couple out there however who finish one project before starting another.  If I worked only on my UFO's for years, I just might become one of them.  Ha!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:09 PM

Mz M:

Karla, your life sounds much like mine in that I was born in MN but raised in SO CA and lived most of my adult life there or in more tolerable weather than here. Can't wait to get back out west! Maybe AZ although Fernley isn't bad! I have driven through there many times while I was driving truck. Nice to meet you.

Fernley is a quiet little place and I really loved it when I was working in the city and could hit all of the fabric shops and do other shopping.  I don't get out of Fernley often now that I am retired and all we have is a WalMart and they don't have any fabric, never have and probably never will.  Next week I am going to Sacramento to visit my father and sister and have already planned all the fabric shops I am going to visit, much to my husband's dismay.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Page 4 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use