Counting projects

Page 3 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 72 Replies | 16 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
momerly8 replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 10:31 PM

I too have a lot of ufos.  More time to quit is needed  I tried the basting spray but got it on the wrong side of the fabric.  Any ideas on how to make it unsticky?  I washed it and it is still sticky. It is the pocket for my grandsons quillow for his baby quilt and he is now 19 months old and expecting a bay sister in October so OI really need to get this ufo finisheds!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 178,388
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 2:45 PM

Lynn, I made a resolution and even joined the UFO group but only finished one UFO and was supposed to finish all by the end of June so you are in good company with us all.  I'm just going with the flow and the flow has become still for me.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,775

Okay, got 2 done, cut out some fall and Halloween fabric today, my brother has a 50th bday coming up, so I got my fat quarters ironed. Still have 2 at the longarmers, little by little I will get them done.  I want to save the "all mine" projects for the winter months, when I can open a good bottle of wine on Sat night and sew.  What could be better than that?    

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 178,388
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:13 AM

Just add the cheese and crackers and don't forget the chocolate, Lynne!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:25 AM

welcome to the group momerly

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:32 PM

Well, I've got the project/blocks for my applique class, my project(s) for my Praire Women's circle, my project(s) for the church group, my project(s) for the regular quilt group, the project(s) I have in various books I want to (someday) do, the project(s) in various magazines I want to (someday) do, UFO(s - which I don't want to know the count) but everything in various stages, from dreaming, to drawings, to cuttings, to pieces, to blocks, to finished tops, to partially quilted, to binding.    You can't get to the top of the mountain until you start at the bottom.......

Annette

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 150
Valhawaii replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 1:23 PM

Whew!  I thought I was the only one with unfinished projects.  We are in the process of a total interior renovation on our house and I finally moved back in to my sewing room.  At last count I have 17 "I'll finish it someday" projects.  I have four boxes of fabric (local, hawaiian-ish fabrics) & templates that I'm trying to get rid of.  Its either the fabric & stuff or the unfinished projects that I need to get rid of.  But someday I'll finish all 17.  Hmmm, wishful thinking.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,115
Gin replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:13 PM

I can totally agree with Patti on this one.  My problem is that I am so busy finishing my mom's UFO's that I don't have time to work on my own!!  I have found that the apple falls really close to the tree on this one.  Not only did my mom pass and leave me her stash, her UFO's her knitting UO (would that be KUO?) but now my daughter is starting to rack up the UFO's as well.  And she getsa double whammy on the apple -tree biz because my mother-in-law also is a quilter! 

In fact to help get rid of my mother's stash so that there would not be a divorce in the family, 7 years ago my daughter started a Linus Blanket project at our church for the Confirmtation students.  In four hours they make strip lap quilts that go to Dove House, Fifth Street Mission, Pregnancy Assistance Center and the hospital.  You would thing that the stash would be down to nothing by now.  Unfortunately - people donate fabic and during those sales, I always find something at a "reasonable" price that would help make a great blanket. 

So yep - I'm addicted and I come from a long line of addicts!

Gin

Mooresville, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 995

I agree with the "nuts" remark. Take comfort, you have lots of sisters. And on that note, I'm off to the fabric store for my "birthday" fat quarters. I usually keep a list of things and enjoy putting a big mark through the ones I complete. Of course, I have to make a new list periodically because there are many more "additions" than "subtractions".

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

Are you kidding? I must have at least enough kits and fabric stash for at least 60 quilts! AND I don't hesitate to buy more! I'm from ND and the way I figure is that I might get snowed in some year for a long, long time (not likely since I live in a city). Second, I do plan to retire some day and I might not have money to buy more so if I buy now I'll be able to sew then. haha  Don't sweat 19 projects, Lynne. You've got very good company.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

Nothing! I often drink wine and sew.  tee hee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
carolp612 replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:26 PM

Ly nne:   Your post struck close to home.  When I go into a fabric shop I love to tell them that I believe I'm a quilter but my husband insists I'm a "fabric collector".  I have at any one time at least six projects started.  I see another pattern that I fall in love with and then "bingo"  -  just have to start that.  LOL  Just know you are not the lone ranger when it comes to the "new" projects started.  Enjoy them all.  Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 7,025
Mz M replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 5:58 PM

All I can say is 'WOW'! You have given some serious thought to planning ahead for your retirement. When I start on something I am usually very focused and obsessive in my behavior so I have to finish what I have started before I can think about another what I want to do for the next one. I wish I could think ahead like you and I could have quite a stash for my retirement years that are almost here.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:10 PM

I'm from ND and the way I figure is that I might get snowed in some year for a long, long time (not likely since I live in a city).

What part of ND, Star...I was born in ND and most of my family still lives there.  I grew up in California mostly as when my Dad got back from his stint in the Army during WW2, he decided CA was the place to be.  I now live in Nevada but am slowly working my way back to the Midwest.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 178,388
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 6:22 PM

Gin, welcome to our family.  Looks like you are going to fit in nicely!  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Page 3 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use