Page 2 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 72 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Sat, Jul 16 2011 9:48 PM

I tell everyone I have a part-time job (Monday through Thursday) to support my quilting habit - unfortunately, that means I only get to sew on the weekends. Right now I probably have 3 projects that are near completion and about 15 that have yet to be started . . . oh, wait, I forgot about the material I bought yesterday for 5 Christmas stockings!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 17 2011 9:26 AM

In the amount of time it would take to count UFO's I could finish one.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Jul 18 2011 2:01 PM

lady_ogma@yahoo.com:
I only work on one project at a time, but I plan the next several as I am finishing up one - does that count?

I'm sorry, like the lady said, you can't be a little pregnant so you can't be a true UFOer if you don't have any UFO's.  Try a little harder, maybe.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 18 2011 5:49 PM

Hey, maybe you can't be a little pregnant, but you can be contemplating adoption!  I, too, am most comfortable working on one project at a time but have recently found myself with a few projects started all at once and none completed yet.  So I am now a UFOer, but that doesn't mean I wear the title comfortably.  (And I am NOT counting the endless projects in the closet that are not started yet. Those don't unsettle me.)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 18 2011 6:02 PM

Patti:

In the amount of time it would take to count UFO's I could finish one.

Me too.

And I probably have just as many projects that I haven't started yet. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 1:21 AM

Lynne

I won't even bother to take the time to try to count all the projects that I have.  Some are to the point that they just need to be quilted.  Many are in various stages of construction and still others are fabrics and patterns grouped together.   I know that there is lots more than 19.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 7:54 AM

I am right in there with the rest.   two BOM going, working on quilted kitchen chair cushions, two designs in EQ, and 4 quilts in my head rattling to get out.  Plus all kinds of fabric that needs to have a home, and some kitchen towels in the works, there are not enough hours in the day, plus I am slow.  I need a long arm, I think that would speed things a tad.   I use to be a "Rusty Nut" (RN)  Now I am a "quilty nut"  "QN"  So much fun.

Granny M, QN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 27,140
Darlene replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 12:19 PM

Lynne, I once sat down in front of my fabric and started making lists of the projects I wanted to do and what fabric would be used for each.  When I had used three pages of legal pad and was not done with the first area I store fabric in, I decided it was time to begin working on one of the projects.  Then I couldn't decide which to do first.

You can rest comfortably that you are not alone and there is no need to look for a "cure".  A wise lady in QCA once told me that as long as my fabric addiction cost less than therapy, it was a good investment. 

I also made a resolution not to purchase more fabric this year unless it was only to supplement something from my stash for a specific project which was beginning on the day I shopped.  (quite a detailed resolution but one I hoped to be able to stick to because of the criteria)  That went by the wayside sometime in February.  LOL

Good luck Lynne with your projects and don't worry about counting.

Darlene

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 2,460

I can't possibly count the number of projects I have going on.  It's gotten so out of hand that I've moved some things out of the sewing studio in my home and a mile down the road into a cute little log cabin.  At least I still have room for more!  ;)

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

curlicuecreations.com

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 12:43 PM

i was able to contain all my quilting at my studio, when sam procured it for me, for a few years.   after several years, it is spilling back iinto the house, because it doesn't all fit in the studio, now.   it is a sickness, a happy sickness to be sure, too bad i couldn't have found a hobby that took up less space.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

I went to the quilt store to buy one piece of fabric for a binding and left with $70 worth of flannels, fat quaters and of course, the binding material. The flannels were on sale and the store was not going to be carring flannels any longer soooooooooooo Sat. I asked my husband if we could swing in for some more flannel. I did get some on sale but the had a project with the same flannel I had been getting so I just had to get it. We walked out with $100, but what I am I to do? I am a stash aholoic. My husband doesn't understand, but then I don't always understand his 1965 GTO convertable which has won quite a few awards, but does he have to show it every weekend practically? I'm only kidding. I'm glad he has his car. It keeps him happy, and I have my quilting-when he's not dragging me to a show. I need to get some binding on so I can stitch the back while I sit under the trees enjoying cars.

Did I say I understand where you are coming from? I have so many projects I lost count. Right now I am concentrating on four baby quilts, two wall hangings, and throw quilt. (I was house bound in June and went crazy on ebay-what is $4 here or there, except before I knew it I had gone way over board! I have enough fabric for at least 4-6 quilts. Like I said I lost count of the projects.

Have a happy quilting day. Bettie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 19 2011 11:06 PM

I went shopping with my daughter today to pick out some fabric so I could reupholster her dining room chairs.  She got that fabric, plus some fabric so I could recover her porch swing, so that is two projects I have in the works that didn't cost me any money.

However, I did not walk out unscathed.  I purchased flannel to border and back a baby quilt I'm making, fabric for a table topper for my other daughter (which I need to work on tonight since tomorrow is her birthday), fabric for a special tote bag for a neighbor whose birthday is the 29th, plus some fabric that I didn't need for anything in particular.  I bought it, just because I like it, and as with some of you, I had made myself a promise that I wouldn't buy anymore fabric unless it was to complete a project on which I was using some of my stash.  Oh well, so much for promises.

I have a midarm machine and frame, and have about 12 quilts that still need to be quilted...I am a total failure at prioritizing.  LOL

Karla, Fernley, NV

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 140
Kathie replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:59 PM

Hi Lynn,

I promised myself that this year I would finish all the quilt kits that I bought last year before I would buy any new ones.  Well that promise didn't get far.  A friend is having a baby and my daughter is having a baby so that meant 2 baby quilt kits to buy.  I found a kit for a bed quilt that would be perfect for my room so of course I had to get that.  Then I found a Christmas quilt my daughter would love and  that would be a great Christmas gift so of course I ordered that.  THEN I found a kit she would like even better soooo of course I couldn't say no.  THEN I decided that I just loved the last kit too and wanted one for me!!  So much for New Year's Resolutions.

So no you are not alone,

Kathie

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:48 PM

hi kathie, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:48 PM

That is why I don't bother to make New Year's resolutions....LOL>   I can never manage to keep any of them.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use