Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie Posted: Mon, Oct 5 2009 6:06 AM

Hi all, Yes she did. Our first year we were doing everything our quilt shop had to offer.But when we had to start taking out loans to buy more fabric we had to slow down alittle{lol}. We try to go on a couple of shop hops ayear, we have so much fun on these outings, and spend way too much money, but only tell our hubbies we spent about half of what we really did, what they dont know wont hurt them or us.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Leslie, I'm so glad your friend got the bug also and you have someone to share your love of quilting with .

I must admit I've never taken out a loan to buy fabric LOL But then I don't have a stash to speak of either LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Leslie :
But when we had to start taking out loans to buy more fabric we had to slow down alittle{lol}.

Too funny! Glad you answered our question!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:56 PM

Leslie,

that is awesome. Can you say quiltaholic?

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Spudgrandma, I've never taken out a loan to buy fabric but told my husband that I wanted to stop at Joanne's tomorrow and I really do get carried away with all their Fat Quarters.  So many colors to choose from.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Dorothy,

I need to go and look for some Fat 1/4s to see if I can find all the colors I need for a wall hanging I want to do. Although if the weather stays this misirable I may just stay at home LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 7:07 PM

dorothy, i've had to move down to 1/8ths.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 7:09 PM

Gini, there is hardly enough fabric in an 1/8 to make a half square triangle...lol  this quiltoholic is still buying it by the yard...

by the way - is using your credit card taking out a loan?  LOL  roflol

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

gini,  as one of my great grandsons would say which he says all the time) WHY?  I bought some 1/8th and didn't know what to do with them altho I'm using them right now for yo-yos.  In the quilting magazines I do see 1/8ths more often. How are you using them?

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 7:30 PM

she's probably using them for her teeny tiny flowers!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:11 PM

dorothy, thea is right on,   teeny tiny flowers.   but since i am only using about 20 or 30  3/4 inch squares of each color, that leaves me almost forty inches of fabric 4 inches wide.   i'm cutting that up into 3  1/2 inch squares to be used at a later date.   with  a little left over to go into the applique fabric boxes.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,190
Bianca replied on Tue, Oct 6 2009 7:28 AM

Leslie,

I tend to loose the receipt too. I also sneak fabric in when he is not at home. Then when he notices it in my stash, I just tell my husband that I had it for a while.

Bianca

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Tue, Oct 6 2009 5:18 PM

Thea/Gini

Now using your CC for buying stash is not considered a loan. 

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE-----------------------------

We only do this to get those valuable points on our CC that we can redeem for something else(unfortunately fabric is not on the list of REWARDS yet) DARN

This from the confessions of Edith( I am not a quiltaholic) Seward

YEAH    RIGHT!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Oct 6 2009 8:44 PM

edith,  i don't have a credit card.   i have a magic card.   i wave my little card and nice people put my treasures in little bags,   swell, huh?     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Gini

I want one of those cards we don't have them in the UK do I apply to Disney for one LOL. My husband always knows when I buy anything as he takes me to the shops as I don't drive I had great fun last week going with a friend instead and didn't have him saying"you didn't come in for that"or "You have some of that already" .

Good thing I love him

Jay-Marie

Hampshire, England

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use