Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185
E'yvonne King Posted: Sun, Jul 10 2011 7:22 AM

Hi you all, I am glad to be part of Quilter Club.  I have been a quilter for over 50 years.  My grandfather taught me how to sew by making quilts and I haven't stop since.  I still hand quilt  but love my long arm.  My cats love my long arm as well since it is their favoite place to sleep.  I am also a disabled Air Force Veteran and do many quilts for raffling.  Right now I am working on some wall quilts of the 5 branches of service and donate them to the Oklahoma Women Veterans Org in which I am a member/offficer. I have been involved on making quilts for Thank the Troops, (my quilts on page 50) by Judy Howard.  While in service, it was quilting that kept me sane.  Our next project, I am suggesting we send over some fabric, yarn, notions etc to our military ladies over seas, I am sure there are quiltrs, knitters, etc.  I beleive it will help them relax.  Thats it for now.

• | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 805
Johnya replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 7:56 AM

Welcome E'yvonne. I am new here myself and already people have made me feel at home! My grandmother was the one to teach me to sew by letting me hand-piece with her, so we have something in common. I hope you enjoy the QCA.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 230
Joanne replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 8:23 AM

Hi E'yvonne,  Thank you for serving our country.  Welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Joanne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 8:26 AM

Welcome to you both, E'yvonne and Johnya!

This site is great, as it gives me the feel of my own special quilt guild, and I don't have to wait a month to meet up with everyone, and I don't have to worry if it's my time to bring snacks ~  ;D

E'yvonne, it is a great idea to send quilting/knitting items overseas for those who could use them as a respite from what they are going through, but I wonder if the knitting needles would be allowed in the mail?  Anyway, that is a great idea!~  Maybe even some copied patterns from recent magazines , or something.

Welcome to you both ~ this is a fun place to "be" !  :D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 9:50 AM

welcome to the group e'yvonne

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 10:53 AM

Hi and welcome E'yvonne

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome E'yvonne.  Glad you could join us. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 3:28 PM

Welcome to our fabulous club, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to QCA E'yvonne.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 8:44 PM

Welcome E'yvonne. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,814
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 11 2011 5:56 AM

E'yvonne, welcome to the club, First I want to thank you for your service to our country.  Second what a great idea about send  craft items to our ladies overseas how do you go about doing that? It is something I would like to help with.  This is a great club ,you will like it here, We have several members here who have served , I'm sure you will meet them at some point.  I do hope you will enjoy your time with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use