Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 220
Kerie Posted: Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:06 PM

Hi there!  I just joined the forum a few days ago.  I am an "advanced newbie" with so much yet to learn.  My family and I live in Oklahoma.  My DH and I have been married for 17 years, and we have two daughters, 13 & 16.  I am hoping to learn some new things through this site.  Blessings to you all!  =D

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Kerie! We have other members from OK, too. Find the "Where Do You Hail From" post and post your town/state. Spud, who is away for the weekend, is putting together a list of where everyone lives.

I think we all have so much to learn. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm an "advanced newbie", too! How many years have you been quilting? What kinds of quilts do you like to make? Do you work outside of the home? We're a nosy bunch and want to know everything about everyone. OK. Not everything; only those things you want to tell us. :-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 220
Kerie replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:35 PM

Hi, Judy.  Thanks for the welcome. 

I live in the NE part of the Oklahoma in Coweta.  We are close by to Tulsa, if you know where that is. 

Hmm...I like ALL kinds of quilts!  LOL  I love to paper-piece.  It's so much fun. 

I do work outside of the home.  I work for the school system.  It's great as I have the same schedule as my two girls.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:56 PM

Hi Kerie and welcome to the site.  I live in Texas near Dallas-Fort Worth.  This is a great group to be a part of and lots of fun.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 4:19 PM

Kerie, Welcome I grew up in Tulsa and now live in Oregon. I think you will have fun here, lots to learn and always someone to talk to.

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Kerie--

Welcome!  My younger daughter's name is Kerri.  This site has lots of retired and still working teachers and school district employees, so in addition to  quilting we have that in common, too.  I live in the northwestern part of Washington state, just north of Seattle.  We're so happy you've come to join us and hope you'll jump right in and chat along with the rest of us when you can.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 5:12 PM

Welcome to the group Kerie.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Hi, Kerie! My daughter and her family live in Holdenville, but I think that's not close to you. Our member Althea lives in Enid. That's kind of close, isn't it, or am I totally messed up? (I do know I'm too lazy to go to mapquest and look it up!) I just bought a paper-pieced Bali (?) Wedding Ring pattern at the quilt show yesterday, I figure it's the only way I'll ever get a double wedding-ring quilt made. We'll see how it goes. It may become another UFO to send to someone else. :-) There are several people on this list who are working or have worked for school districts. I'm a retired English teacher. I retired at the end of the 2008 school year. It does work well, as you say, though, to work for the district and have the same vacations as your children.

Edit: Well, dang! If I'd read the message before I wrote, I would have discovered that Joyce already said what I said. LOL!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Oct 4 2009 6:07 PM

kerie, welcome!!   an advanced newbie?    hmmm,  sorta describes a lot of us.  i'm an advanced oldie ( emphasis on old)  , with a whole lot left to learn.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Kerie and welcome to QCA.

I have no doubt you will learn some new things and if you are really lucky you may learn some quilting stuff too LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 4,190
Janie replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 11:29 AM

Hi Kerie,

Welcome to QCA. I live in Maryland and have been a member of QCA for a little over a month and have really enjoyed it. Whenever I have a question, many of the ladies jump in to answer. I've tried paper piecing once and it didn't go very well. I'm a little intimidated of it (I guess because it didn't go so well the first time). I should really give it another try,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 6:46 PM

janie, paper piecing is really hard for me too.   i think it is counter-intuitive, how you put the pieces on backwards.  my mind can't translate how is suppposed to go when i'm working from the back.   ughhh, so i am forcing myself to paper piece a pickle dish,  which i am now behind on.  i would like to say it's getting easier,  i think it is.  but, if i put it down and don't get back to it for a week or more, i'm back to square one.  although the learning curve gets a little faster each time.     i love how precise it is, so i'll keep at it.

i took a class on english paper piecing last spring,   everyone has heard about this ad nauseum,  and it is addictive,   for me.    there is no thinking, a plus for me, and it is very precise, too.    however, it has a limited number of shapes  you can make.     

so keep  trying,  if i can do it anyone can , and you can't beat it for precision.       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 242,112
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 5 2009 6:50 PM

Hi Kerie, I live in Enid Oklahoma - welcome to QCA.  It is nice to have another person from OK here...

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Kerry, I'm fairly new myself and love this group everyone is so friendly.  If you have any questions there is always answers.   Thanks for the blessings I'll always take take those.

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 865
Traci replied on Wed, Oct 7 2009 8:28 AM

Hi Kerie!  I'm Traci and I have friends in Coweta!  I live in Osage County, right outside of Cleveland, OK.  How cool is that!  So glad that I've found some Okie sisters!

Traci O.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use