Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 8:24 AM

Welcome, Lisa :-)  QCA is a great place to share, get help & have fun - you've already discovered that just by saying hello!

My first machine (as an adult) was a Kenmore - can't remember if it had a darning foot or not. If you can't find your manual, you could try looking up the model online & might find info on it that way, including what attachments are available.  You could also check at a Sears  - someone in the sewing machine area should be able to help.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to QCA Lisa.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

Welcome Lisa. Baby quilts are so much fun and since they are small it doesn't take a year to finish. I know you will enjoy every step-well most of them anyway. Let us know how the quilt is going. We love to see pictures of the blocks etc and then the finished quilt. Quilting is so much fun. It takes my mind off other things. I'm even learning to relax with it. I hope you have as much fun as the rest of us. Nice to meet you. Bettie from North Central PA.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 445
DIY_Mom replied on Sat, Jul 9 2011 10:45 AM

I think I know where my manual is, but I'm curious why I would want to use a darning foot for free motion quilting. What is the advantage of a darning foot over my regular foot?

thanks,

Lisa

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:03 AM

the best thing to do would be to try them both.  they have specific uses, one for straight (or zigzag) stitching and one for free motion which is what darning is.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 9 2011 12:01 PM

Lisa, the darning foot is usually an open toe foot so that you could see where you are going doing the free motion.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use