Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine Posted: Sun, Jun 26 2011 1:25 PM

I thought I would extend the invitation to anyone living in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area to attend the quilt retreat that my quilt ministry sponsors each year.  This will be our 4th retreat so we are starting to get the hang of it.  The dates are September 22-25 with the22nd as optional. 

The accommodations are not 5 star but no one seems to mind.  It is held at a summer camp facility that my church sponsors and the owners and caretakers are very nice and accommodating.  There is a bunk house type room with bunk beds for sleeping.  We usually don't need to put anyone on the top bunks and everyone makes the room homey by bringing quilts to put on their beds.  There are also private rooms available on request on a first come first serve basis.  We have a large room for sewing and a second room we can also use if we need more space.  There is a seperate dining building and all meals are prepared for us.  The cost is $80 for 3 days and $100 for 4 which includes all meals.  The food is awesome and we are hoping to get the same cook that has been there the last 2 years. 

This year's theme is "A Charming Retreat" and we will have suggested quilt patterns that use charm packs.  These are just to give people ideas if they don't have projects to work on already (yes, we do have some of those.)  It is a wide age range from 15 through 75 and people come from Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska to attend.  It is also NOT in the flood zone.  We have add around 25-26 people attend each year.

If you are interested in more information, please send me an email and I will send you registration form.  Registrations and fees are due by August 1.  quiltsfromthebluffs@cox.net

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Jeanine - this sounds awesome1  Too bad I live way down here in GA.  I am sure some of the ladies in that area will love to attend. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jun 26 2011 7:28 PM

Sure wish I lived closer, sounds and looks like you all have a great time.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 26 2011 10:00 PM

Jeanine, what a fun event!  What do your shirts say?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 26 2011 10:25 PM

Jeanine, looks like you all had a very good time ...thanks for sharing your pictures with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,784
gini replied on Sun, Jun 26 2011 10:53 PM

jeanine, this sounds like fun,   i wish i lived closer

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jun 27 2011 8:10 AM

MNnancy:

Jeanine, what a fun event!  What do your shirts say?

The shirts say..."Quilts from the Bluffs    Celebrating Quilting Friendships"

In honor of our 5th anniversary, I am <trying> to design new shirts.  I want them to say "Quilt Like You Mean It!" and I'm trying to get the artwork drawn to go with it.  I have an idea in my mind but am not an artist.  I have someone trying to draw up something but haven't seen the results yet.  I hope to have them done in time for the retreat.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 27 2011 8:18 AM

Sounds like a great time!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use