abcd replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:35 PM

You're welcome!  :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:31 PM

i went to this show once years ago,  it is a wonderful show, very dramatic with the  quilts hanging over the rail.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 810
Kay replied on Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:46 AM

Bella - though I lived in Colorado for several years, I never made a visit to the capital building.  It is beautiful in the pictures.  I've just seen the dome in the distance but see now that I missed out on a US treasure.  How wonderful that the state has taken on this quilt exhibit.  I'm glad it is running until late August as that might give me time to make it out there.  We want to go out to visit family on the Front Range and check out some of the 55+ communities.  I also enjoyed your comment about "America the Beautiful".  I was raised on those Kansas Plains that she viewed from Pikes Peak!  That is one Colorado treasure that I have visited several times. - Kay

Rock Chalk Jayhawks and Hook'em Horns!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Tue, Jun 21 2011 5:22 PM

Yes, Kay  - it is beautiful!  And now I have THIS announcement to make:  Today in my email I received my link to Alex Anderson's and Ricky Tims' "The Quilt Show" and they have a "behind the scenes" look at all the work in putting it up.

I am going to make a new post so that MAYBE everyone who has been interested in it will look again (and HOPEFULLY you don't have to be a "member" to view the post).  So look for the other post, ok?

And wish me luck that this incredible batch of pictures AND slide show works for you on this site!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Tue, Jun 21 2011 11:32 PM

bella, thanks for the show.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Wed, Jun 22 2011 8:09 AM

Thanks for the thanks, GIni - I hope it was the slide show behind the scenes you saw, and I apologize if anyone things I posted this one too many times, but I just thought I would "applaud" the people behind the show.  I think that slide show is really great, and the lady whose living room showed all the stacks of quilts is the lady who was in direct contact with me.  There is so much hard work involved, and I just wanted to say one last "HOORAY" and "THANKS" to them...

:D  B.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Bella the slide show was great.  It was really neat to see them put the show together.  Tnaks again for sharing this.

Margaret

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use