Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 330
Cassie Posted: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:34 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Cassie and I'm fairly new to QCA. I haven't had too much of a chance to look around the site yet. I live in CT and I've been quilting for about 7 years or so, but I still consider myself a beginner.

I've just started exploring machine quilting (everything I've done to this point I've quilted by hand), and I'd like to work on applique soon as well. My main problem is that there are so many techniques that I want to try or practice, but not enough time to do it all. I'm a stay-at-home mom of  3 - ages 5, 10, and 13 and I will be returning to school in the fall when my youngest will be in Kindergarten all day.

Even though I know that quilting is supposed to be a social activity, I feel very isolated in it. I don't have any friends who quilt, and I only know 1 person who might be interested in learning (but her time is limited). I would love to make some friends (near and far) who love to quilt like I do, and who might be interested in trying some of the swaps, or group quilt projects (ie. Round Robins) that I'd love to try. I'm not very good at organizing these things, but I would LOVE to participate :)

I hope to meet many of you soon!

Cassie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:40 AM

Cassie, welcome to the club, this is a great site with some great people ,You'll love it here..Ejnoy your time with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 330
Cassie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:42 AM

Thanks Barbara!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 165
Points 2,030

Welcome, Cassie!  Lots of friends here for sure!  Jump in and have fun!

Jaci – Streator, Illinois

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 330
Cassie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:44 AM

Thanks Jaci :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:00 AM

Cassie

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time with us. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Cassie, welcome to QCA.  This is a really great group.  I hope you enjoy your time here.  I have found that everyone here is very friendly and helpful.

Margaret

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 330
Cassie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:10 AM

Thank you Nana and Margaret :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:29 AM

Welcome, Cassie--

You will find lots of friends here!  If you have questions, just ask--there is always someone who will have the answer.  Please share your tips and photos of your projects.  I also don't have a "live" quilting group I hang out with (although I did convert one non-quilter friend into a quilter-she even bought EQ7!) and I enjoy QCA very much.

Pat-"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 330
Cassie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:44 AM

Thanks Pat! I've posted my projects on my blog http://myquiltingquarters.blogspot.com/ There are some posts that aren't quilts, and I've only done about 4 quilts from start to finish that I posted there, but I'm working on a few things currently as well.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 10:03 AM

Checked out your blog--love your quilts and really enjoyed the Quilters Top 10 Lists--I am in the process of measuring, refolding, and storing my stash in a single layer because I'm tired of pulling out the next to the bottom fabric and then never getting around to putting the rest back!  Fabric already looks great and I have devised a way to slide in pieces I pull out but decide not to use--even my husband was impressed!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 10:06 AM

Welcome,  Cassie, Have you tried getting into a Guild in your area. You will meet many quilters and enjoy activities together. If you key in Guilds on your computer it should give you a listing . I have the book  the Quilter,s Catalog it is packed full with info you will be interested in. Good Luck!  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 11:27 AM

Cassie your quilts are wonderful, good job!  I especially loved the label on Andrew's quilt.

You should go to Groups in the red bar above and check out some of them, you may like to join one or two or more.  I know you will have a good time on this site, a wonderful group of gals and guys.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 11:30 AM

Pat M.:
I am in the process of measuring, refolding, and storing my stash in a single layer

Pat we need a visual of this,  at least I do, please?

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 12:48 PM

I will post pics later today (as long as I don't have to be seen in them!)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use