build a simple quilt frame?

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
allbright1 replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:19 AM

This is exactly what I needed. Thank You!

Mary

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:49 AM

Gee, looks like I never got back with photos.  I will visit my friend and get some to post later this week. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:36 AM

Hi Patti, I would be interested in the design to have my husband make me one. Thanks

God Bless

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 6,745
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:56 AM

Cynthia:

Hi there,

I am a new member - happy to be a part of this quilting community! I've just picked up my quilting again after about a six year hiatus, and I am so excited to be working with my fabric and sewing machine again.  A question - my father-in-law, bless his heart, wants to build me an old style quilt frame that I can use to hand quilt with.  He remembers what his mom's used to look like, but it doesn't exist anymore.  We are wondering if one that is large enough for a queen-sized quilt will be able to keep the quilt taught enough when quilting. Has anyone had any luck building their own frame?  I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.

Thanks!

Cynthia

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 6,745
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:58 AM

Cynthia:

Hi there,

I am a new member - happy to be a part of this quilting community! I've just picked up my quilting again after about a six year hiatus, and I am so excited to be working with my fabric and sewing machine again.  A question - my father-in-law, bless his heart, wants to build me an old style quilt frame that I can use to hand quilt with.  He remembers what his mom's used to look like, but it doesn't exist anymore.  We are wondering if one that is large enough for a queen-sized quilt will be able to keep the quilt taught enough when quilting. Has anyone had any luck building their own frame?  I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.

Thanks!

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, Try going to the Lehman"s website . They have a really nice one that you can order or that he can see and get ideas from. I have their frame...I have queen size rails and 4foot rails that go with it.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use