new to the community

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 1,485

Hi Judy, Wonderful name you share with my sis...you have to catch me up on the story of "StupidQuilt" - must be interesting to get such a name. Patricia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 1,485

Hi Diana,

Our locations are very close I am just a hop, skip and a jump southwest, maybe, maybe an hours drive - do you know of the "Beehive"? Look forward to talking to you soon.

Patricia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 1,485

Hi everyone, Thank you for your welcome to Quilters Club. I am thrilled to be here or at least I think I am here! This blog stuff is new to me and I am not even sure I am where I am supposed to be to send a thank you. Working today and its starting in just a minute but I wanted to take a minute and say thanks for the welcome.

What is everyone working on today? I am finished with sandwich prep and will start a casserole cover tonight. I have two to do soon...wedding gifts) Then it is back to my quilted lap throw - it is so cool...it is personal memory colors (peach, mint green, lavender) set in a "southern belle" pattern bought from online quilting patterns. It is so sweet and so Florida but my heart loves the memories of the first 34 years of my life.

I better get to work - blogging with you soon - Patricia 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 10:41 AM

Welcome Patricia,

I am sure you will enjoy it here, we are a friendly bunch and everyone is so helpful.

Hey Angel I'm about 45 minutes from you, did you go to the Quilt Oddesy (sp?) in Hershey? I go every year we probably passed right by each other and didn't even know it. You ladies are right about the snow being beautiful but I hate driving in it. YUK!!!!

Maria in PA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:27 AM

patricia, i've been on this site for quite a while and  i forget where  to find stuff all the time.   it takes a bit to get it all figured out.      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Patricia, not sure if I've welcomed you or not so Hi and welcome to QCA.

It does take a bit of time to figure everything out but you will get there.  Don't tell Gini, but I still have trouble figuring things out and finding things sometimes also.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:43 AM

no spud, say it isn't so.    don't believe her patricia,  spud is our go to person.  she bails me out regularly.  and while i'm here, spud.   uh em,   how do you get the quotes form other posts in the blue boxes in your (specifically, my) post?    i have been trying to figure it out.. i, sometimes can remember to get the quote in,   but where do you get them in the blue box.    it is handy,  with the posts being so long and all, (you know how our minds seem to wander off topic.) ,   to be able to highlight a quote, so everyone knows what you are talking about       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:44 AM

spud, and i hope that was clear enough so you can figure out what the dickens i'm yakking about now.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:47 AM

Hi- fellow quilter, I am fron Minnesota and we just started getting fall like weather.  windy and kind of cool.

I sew or quilt every day.  very addicted to fabric.

I have enjoyed this group very much even though I am not on the site every day.  quilting you know,

Welcome and have fun.

Peggy

from Minnesota

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:47 AM

gini, if you hit the word "quote" and then dtart typing that includes the quote of the person youare responding to.  if you highlight and then hit quote you will copy just what you wanted to copy out of the body of the quote...I really shouldn't answer this question as I am not very good at it myself...BSC

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Helen Bell:

gini, if you hit the word "quote" and then dtart typing that includes the quote of the person youare responding to.  if you highlight and then hit quote you will copy just what you wanted to copy out of the body of the quote...I really shouldn't answer this question as I am not very good at it myself...BSC

You did a great job Helly. The only thing I would add is - the quote option is not available if you use the Quick Reply you need to use the Reply.

BTW: if you cannot read the red above, just clikd on the image and it will open in a new window, then click again and it will enlarge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:19 PM

helly and spud, thanks,   does the blue lilne around the quote automatically go around it?   i don't see it on my post    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 12:22 PM

Gini, yes it does...

gini:

helly and spud, thanks,   does the blue lilne around the quote automatically go around it?   i don't see it on my post    gini

you won't see it till you post it - it will look like gobbledy goop html words... then when you hit post it will turn to a blue line around what you have quoted.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

gini:

Yeppers, and one thing to note about the quote. When you quote someone you have the ability to edit the quote.  I don't ever change what they say but sometimes I will delete part of the quote and only quote the part I'm responding to. I will also sometimes bold the part I'm responding to in their quote.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 9:08 PM

Patricia, Welcome to QCA.  We look forward to getting to know you too! 

This is a great side.

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.