Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,460
Patricia Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:32 PM

Greetings from a fellow quilter (about 3 years now) in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. Gorgeous day out there and here I am finishing up my lunch hour and heading back to work. NO quilting until tonight! I have been meaning to find this site and see how things work here. I've already picked up a tip and I really appreciate it very much. I look forward to getting to know and read more about your projects, quilting and others. You all have a great day.

• | Post Points: 185
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,106
Points 252,192
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:48 PM

Patricia, Welcome to QCA.  We look forward to getting to know you too!  Glad you found us and have a great day!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Patricia! I've always wanted to visit the Smokey Mts. It's a gorgeous day here, too. And now, I swear, I'm going to work on StupidQuilt!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 4:59 PM

Patricia,

welcome. You'll pick up a whole lot more tips here. Glad you could join us. It was a beautiful day here too. I spent the first part sewing and now I'm spending the rest of it at work.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,534
Points 31,210
Diana replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:11 PM

Hello and welcome to QCA...I'm also in East Tn. in Morristown.  I've been quilting for about 10-12 years.  Hope to visit with you and give you lots of ideas.   Just ask...we're a friendly bunch.

Diana from East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,728
Points 419,779
gini replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:37 PM

patricia, welcome to qca,  you live in a beautiful place.    we have had beautiful weather this fall, but the wind has just come up in the last hour so  change is in the air.  we are supposed to have snow by wednesday.   enjoy your time here.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Patricia and welcome to QCA.  We look forward to getting to know you also and I hope you will share some of your projects with us.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Welcome Patricia

Glad to have you join us. I think you'll enjoy it here.

Jean

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 6:48 PM

Hi Patricia and welcome to QCA.  It's nice to meet you and we want to know all about you and your quilting.  We are a very nosy group!  We're glad to have you with us.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 9:00 PM

Hello from Minnesota, Patricia!  I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have in the past couple of months.  There's so much to learn and there's so much experience here to tap!

Gini, really?  snow already?  and I though Minnesota winters were bad.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864

Welcome Patricia and all new members!

I'm Marge & I have been quilting & sewing for eons!  Well, decades anyhows.  I first started sewing at about age 9, when I needed to take in and hem a skirt of my older sister's to wear it to school.  Mom said to pin it and be happy...so I stayed at home that day and made that skirt fit me.  Mom was so impressed, she said I could do all my own sewing from then on. 

Lon and I have three adult children, Cori, Connie & Lon Jr.  I can't give out Cori's age...but can tell you she was born the day before our first anniversary...and Lon and I have been married almost 41 years!  LOL...

I have two longarm machines, Momma Machine (in honor of my mom, older, stubborn, and just wants her coffee (oil)...and I have a new Tin Lizzie18 LS (lizzie stitch)...what a dream after years of Momma machine...Lizzie is so nice. 

I am hoping to be able to add an automated quilting module...saving for it now.  Not real picky about which one..just want one! 

Well, best do a quick look for now...and get back to sewing...making blocks for a retreat...

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 10:03 PM

Marge Campbell:
I can't give out Cori's age...but can tell you she was born the day before our first anniversary...and Lon and I have been married almost 41 years!

Oh, Marge, you are soooo bad!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,106
Points 252,192
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 10:33 PM

Marge you are bad!  I am still thinking on that tin lizzie - one of our quilt shops about 40 minutes away has one and i am trying to talk her into letting me try it out... I just don't want to buy something that in the end I won't be able to use - but am saving my pennies - take me a long time - lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Marge,

I looked at a Tin Lizzie today. Really nice. I think it would work on my frame, but I have to wait a little bit and maybe finish a few more quilts before I suggest another machine. I did like the looks of it and the guy at the quilt shop said it was a workhorse. They make them not too far from me, about a 6 hour drive. I have considered going down to SLC and checking them out.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 11:47 PM

Spud, I like the Tin Lizzie too but most places bundle it with the frame. I haven't been able to price the machine by itself.

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use