Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70
Sheri Posted: Thu, Jun 2 2011 5:39 PM

Hi there - I have not posted before but I read about Wyatt's work some time ago and cannot find it now (sound typical???).  At any rate I am exploring making bereavement quilts for our local hospital for stillborns but would like more information such as size etc.  Can anyone out there help me?  Thanks so much

Sheri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Sherri, I remember those posts but don't remember what thread they were in.  It's a shame they didn't get tagged so they would pop up in a search.  I wish i could help you.  I make blankets and quilts for Project Linus but I seem to remember that hers were smaller for the preemies. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70
Sheri replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 5:46 PM

Thanks Marge - I make lots of quilts for Project Linus here in Canada but was very intrigued by the Wyatt's Work piece and wanted to get involved - here's hoping i hear something, otherwise I will go forward by trail and error.

Sheri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I know that I usually make the infant blankets for Project Linus around 36" square - if that's any help.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Ah - Super Gini to the rescue!!!!  Thanks for remembering where that thread was Gini!!! And for all those other great links.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,509
gini replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 9:11 AM

no problem, marge, i just typed wyatt's work into my browser and the discussion on QCA came up     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I had tried that but I must not have scrolled down far enough or something.  Short attention span ---- guess that is why the UFO's are piling up. :o{ 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 615

Sheri,

I remember the thread,but couldn't find it.  However, I do remember that the bereavement quilts were actually made into 'pockets' or small bags.  I know that sounds horrible, but the reason was that sometimes stillborns were very premature and it was easier for the parents to hold the child if it was cradled in something that would envelop them.  A nurse in the obgyn area of your local hospital or obgyn office could probably help with sizes.

Stacey

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use