Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 265
Kitty Posted: Sat, May 28 2011 11:27 AM

Greetings everyone!  I am a recent member of QCA so I am still in the "looking around" phase of my membership.  I live outside Lansing, MI and have access to a couple excellant quilt shops.  My main interest is in reproduction fabrics and the quilts of the Civil War.  I must admit that I do a lot more buying of the fabric than I do in the sewing.  I do try to manage some sewing time every day but sometimes it is only a short session.  While I have never met a quilt pattern that I didn't like, I tend to make quilts with a strong 9-patch influence.  I am also a relatively new Kansas Troubles fan and have started collecting their fabric line as well.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sat, May 28 2011 11:36 AM

Welcome!  Please share pics of your quilts.  The Civil War is one part of out country's history that I have a great interest in.  I do presentations on Civil War quilts and really enjoy it.

Pat-"Keep Calm and Carry On"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, May 28 2011 11:45 AM

hi kitty, welcome to the group  i love your avatar    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kitty:

Greetings everyone!  I am a recent member of QCA so I am still in the "looking around" phase of my membership.  I live outside Lansing, MI and have access to a couple excellant quilt shops.  My main interest is in reproduction fabrics and the quilts of the Civil War.  I must admit that I do a lot more buying of the fabric than I do in the sewing.  I do try to manage some sewing time every day but sometimes it is only a short session.  While I have never met a quilt pattern that I didn't like, I tend to make quilts with a strong 9-patch influence.  I am also a relatively new Kansas Troubles fan and have started collecting their fabric line as well.

Hi Kitty. Nice to meet you. Please share pictures, we are all very visual and love pictures.  Did you check out "Groups" on your home page. In there is a group for the "Fons and Porter's Civil War Sampler that was featured in their Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, May-Jun issues of their magazine. I have the top complete and it will be the next one to go onto my Tin Lizzie for quilting. Also check out the Galleries as there is lot of photos of projects. If you are at all interested, the is an ongoing Dear Jane Group, that would love to have you as a member.

Welcome and enjoy there is a really nice bunch of folks here. Oh btw, I'm Ms MoomMist from Erie, PA

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, May 28 2011 12:30 PM

Hi Kitty, welocme

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Sat, May 28 2011 11:20 PM

Kitty,welcome to the club, thisis a great group of people who share many of the same intrest as you .I know you will enjoy your time here with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Kitty.  I have started a Civil War Quilt that I am doing all by hand. 

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:20 AM

Good morning Kitty,

Welcome to QCA.  This is fairly new to me as I have been a member only since October, but I really enjoy coming and visiting often.  It is a great place to ask questions and have answers or referrals you might never get otherwise.  Have fun with all of us.  It is a great  place to be.

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, May 29 2011 8:20 AM

Hi Kitty, welcome to our family.  I love your cool cat avatar, what's his name?

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags replied on Sun, May 29 2011 4:25 PM

Have you tried Elaine Quilty Shop Too in OVid?  I know her HADLEY SHOP ( by Flint) has tons of Civil War and repro fabrics.  They did the Civil War Tribute blocks/ quilt.  A real challenge.

Good luck with your project and please post pictures.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, May 29 2011 4:46 PM

Welcome Kitty. Love your photo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome to the family Kitty.  Love your avatar.  Is that your cat?  He / she may like to join the other furry quilting buddies on the "Farm Animals..." forum.  They are quite "chatty". 

I lived in Watervliet MI for 15 years.  Both my sons were born at the hospital in St. Joseph.  I got smart and moved away from all that cold weather.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Hi Kitty and Welcome,

Other than Country Stitches, what other quilt shops do you like?  I live in Battle Creek but Lansing is only a short hour away.  I will travel for fabric, esp. Civil War. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 265
Kitty replied on Mon, May 30 2011 5:56 PM

If you like CW fabric you need to stop in Holt and visit Everlasting Stitches.  She specializes in CW fabrics and has probably three times what you will find on a good day at Country Stitches.  She has a very large collection of shirtings which CS doesn't usually carry.  Her address is:  2040 N. Aurelius Rd.  Holt. (Holt is just south of Lansing.)  Next time you plan a road trip up this way, I will be glad to give you directions.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 265
Kitty replied on Mon, May 30 2011 5:58 PM

It's not my kitty.  I snagged the pic somewhere on the web.  I collect cat pic's and love to use them like this.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use