Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Edith,

You say the nicest things.  Love your handwork and your room it is beautiful, you aint so bad either LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Edith thanks for sending more pictures. It's good to see your avatar larger. I, too, love that room!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:08 PM

Hey Spud, Judy

The room is my kitchen living room and I now have my HQ 16 in there. So a little crowded. Soon my new quilt room will be done. Another month or so. I hope. That is a little optomistic but soon. I hope to have everything organized before Christmas. 

I have lost a little weight since then ---Thank Goodness. 

We are on the lake which makes it nice. You  guys have to come visit some day Spud/Judy . Hopefully before I croak. I know I shouldn't joke.

I will have my spare bedroom now just off my new quilt room to the left of the room you see and it has its own ensuite so you have no  excuse. I am moving downstairs to the one of the spare rooms.  We can quilt our little hearts out. I have aBaby lock Quilters Choice an a Elna sewing machine besides my Viking SE and I could even quilt it or you could quilt it on my HQ 16. It could be our own little retreat. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful to visit everyone and spend some time just getting to know each other better and quilting? <sigh>

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I probably gained the weight you lost Edith. LOL  Your retreat sounds like so much fun, when my hubby wins the lottery, I'm there!!! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:20 PM

You could even come in winter. So pretty.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:22 PM

I am sure I will find it again, Spud. There are some cheap flights just watch for the special. Where are you from again???

Closest airport is Ottawa.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Southern Idaho, near Boise.  Havn't had a passport since I was 2.  And, boy are you a long way away....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:28 PM

Da-- I just lost my post. 

Anyway I was saying. Where do you live. 

Friends and quilting are important. It would be so wonderful to get together . Helen is only 5 minutes from me. Did you see her studio. 

Between the two of us we could show you guys a grand time. There are always seat sales. 

Oh what a grand time. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:30 PM

Doesn't hurt to dream Spud. Ya never know.

How long a flight would that be if it was direct. I am trying to picture the US map in my mind. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:45 PM

OK Spud

I looked on the map and I see you are very west of us. I would guess it would be a good 10 hour flight.

You are so close to Utah and that is where the HQ headquaters is. Lucky girl.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

EDITH:

OK Spud

I looked on the map and I see you are very west of us. I would guess it would be a good 10 hour flight.

You are so close to Utah and that is where the HQ headquaters is. Lucky girl.

I don't think it would be 10 hrs, Edith, unless you went via Alaska! I can fly from Denver to Atlanta in 5 hrs.

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Stephanie:  I agree quilters are friendly people.You mentioned about making a wall hanging.  How are you going to hang it on the wall?  I have some mini quilts but I don't want to make holes in the walls so I'm just not sure how to go about it.

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 11:49 PM

Dorothy, I use straight pins to hang the wall hangings. You can pound them in with a hammer and most of the time they don't bend. A friend told me she uses needles, I'm guessing quilting size, because they're stronger. I don't mind a little hole, but I'm like you - I don't want to put up some kind of quilt hanger.

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 585

Hi Althea:Just wondering what feathered star blocks look like.  Sounds very interesting will be looking for a picture.

• Filed under:
Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use