Top 10 Posters

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy Posted: Tue, Sep 22 2009 10:09 AM

Just a quick update on my dad.  He's doing exceptionally good. They have moved him to Rehab unit of the hospital so he can learn to walk with his right (bum) foot and do all the essential things for himself. It was determined that he did not have a hemorhage but a clot or vessel clog that caused his stroke.  His spirits are usually good but they wain once in a while. I try to pick his moods up best I can.  He has all his other abilities just that his strength has left him.  I thank my maker every day he is as good as he is because it could have been worse. He will continue in rehab for about 1-1/2 weeks yet and then things will need to be decided to best serve his needs. 

Didn't know if we should go to son's this weekend but did after Dad said to get the heck to going!!  They loved Emersyn's baby quilt and the weekend was very nice and needed. Grandkids have a way of calming ones senses as mine were at nearly the end by the time we left.

Happy Quilting all,

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Tammy,

Thank you for the update. I'm so glad that your Dad is doing better.  I'm also glad you got to go and see the grandkids, they are such a blessing.  I hope you will be able to post a little, I miss you!

Take care and keep in touch.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,846
Points 246,862
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:50 AM

Tammy:
I thank my maker every day he is as good as he is because it could have been worse.

Tammy, I am very happy that your Dad is doing better.  It always amazed me when miracles happen no matter the size.  I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers.

I am very happy for you that you have a pleasant weekend and that your baby quilt was well received.  It will be a treasure to that baby for many many years... Have a great week.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:05 PM

Tammy, sounds like you had a good weekend despite everything going on. Thanks for updating us on your dad. I, too, will continue to keep him in my prayers.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,543
Points 376,882
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:28 PM

Tammy:
Just a quick update on my dad.  He's doing exceptionally good.

Tammy,that's great news. Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you had nice visit with your son and grand children.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 3:17 PM

Tammy

Edith here

I pray that your Dad will be OK

I was Daddys girl and he passed at 63. Way too young. I think about him almost everyday.

I am a firm believer and this especially goes for myself. I think that quality of life is more important than longevity.

I pray mostly that your Dad will be able to have good quality for whatever time he has left. (which I hope is for a long time yet. 

Cherish every moment.!!

God Bless

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,846
Points 246,862
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 4:47 PM

edith - you said it so nicely - that is one reason I have a DNR and my DH knows that I do not want to live unless I can live a quality life.  I do not want my life to be a burden on anyone or to just be there... that to me would be so hard. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 6:22 PM

Tammy, that's wonderful news.  So glad to hear he is improving.  He is in my prayers.

Southwest Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 6:54 PM

Thanks Thea

I just hope I am never a burden to my DH or my children.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Tammy--

So glad to hear that your dad is improving and will continue to hold him and you in my prayers.  Your being able to spend time with son and family was a good thing for you.  As you said "grandkids have a way of calming one's senses".  Hope you'll soon be posting and quilting.  Know that we're all here for you at any time.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 8:25 AM

Tammy glad to hear your dad is doing better I have be gone for a couble of days and just got back I was a daddy gril too then when my DD Stacy was born it went out the window because she was his baby

Happy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:59 PM

tammy, i'm happy to hear your dad is doing better, and i hope he continues with his recovery.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 835

Tammy so glad your Dad is comming along better.

Jean

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use