Top 10 Posters

new to QCA from utah and excited to be here.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper Posted: Tue, May 17 2011 11:07 PM

Hi everyone.  I actually became a member of QCA two years ago about the time that I found out I was expecting my first child and was not able to spend anytime on the computer for a while because of my work schedule and many very rough pregnancy moments.  But I am excited to be able to see all your projects hopefully join a group or two.  I started quilting my first year of college for a stress reliever from my music studies.  However, I never finished any of my early projects (9 years worth) with backs and quilting and binding until I was pregnant with my daughter.  My husband told me that I could not sew a thing for my daughters room until I had finished the three, yes three very large boxes of unfinished quilts, table runners and such.  So my one week break from work that Christmas I sewed for 14 hours a day and finished them all.  I need to post pictures on my blog.  It was nice to feel like I had finished 9-years worth of projects.  I just finished her room a year after she was born and am excited to get some inspiration on some new projects that I can work on to enhance my home decor! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Tue, May 17 2011 11:14 PM

Amalie

If that is a pic of your DD in the avatar she is gorgeous.  Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy yourself.  Hope you will be able to chat with us frequently and also share some pics of your quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,272
Points 389,687
Kris replied on Tue, May 17 2011 11:36 PM

Welcome back Amalie.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, May 18 2011 5:08 AM

Hi Amalie, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 255,554
Barbara replied on Wed, May 18 2011 9:46 AM

amalie, welcome to the club,  Your DD is beautiful...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 165
Points 2,030

Welcome, Amalie!  Beautiful photo! 

I can't imagine life without UFO's!  I'm still working on mine.  My New Year's resolution this year was to finish, repurpose or donate every UFO in my studio.  I have finished several so far, and I believe I only have 4 left....Some were kept, and some have been donated, but all (so far) have been finished.

Welcome to the club!

Jaci – Streator, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Amalie--

So nice to meet you and your adorable daughter.  Wow, you really got busy with those UFOs, didn't you!  I can't imagine finishing so many projects in that amount a time.  Hope we'll get to see photos of some of them soon.  Have fun here.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,866
Points 421,864
gini replied on Wed, May 18 2011 5:38 PM

welcome amalie, you have a beautiful daughter.   good for you getting all your projects finished.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome Amalie,  your daughter is beautiful.  Congrats on getting your UFO's completed.

Margaret

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.