Top 10 Posters

Bernina 440Q ... is there an extended plastic table topper for this machine?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags Posted: Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:23 PM

I bought the Bernina 440Q earlier this year. I have just the equipment that comes with the original purchase. I can not afford any of the tables / cabinets until I have finished paying off the machine. Is there an extended sewing plastic table top I can order for the Bernina? Is if from Bernina or another manufacture? How well does it work. Any idea of the cost? I had a plastic table top made for my old NEW HOME 6000 and I love it. It made my machine quilting easier. I am hoping that I can find a table topper for the Bernina to use til I can afford a sewing cabinet.

Thanks for your input.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 21 2009 8:50 PM

I have the Bernina 440 QE.  It came with a plastic extension which helps with quilting somewhat, but the material gets hung up on the corners of it when I'm working with a large quilt.  I'm anxious to get the machine lowered to fit flush with the countertop.  Can you see the clear plastic extension in the picture?  Is that what you mean, or did you have something else in mind?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,635
Laura Lee replied on Mon, Sep 21 2009 11:54 PM

Dear LadyRags,  I just googled acrylic sewing extension table and came up with a whole page of sites.  I have one at my AZ home, but can't remember the brand...I know it's made in Utah.  They make tables for every brand, every model.  I recommend that you buy the largest one you can afford.  It really helps when you are trying to machine quilt a larger piece.  Have fun with your new Bernina.  I'm envious!

Yours in Stitches,

Laura Lee in McCall Idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 10:51 AM

lady rags,  they custom make  them in bonners ferry idaho, but i can't remember the name, i'll check for you this afternoon.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 12:11 PM

gini:

lady rags,  they custom make  them in bonners ferry idaho, but i can't remember the name, i'll check for you this afternoon.   gini

I'm glad you mentioned this, Gini. I bought one from them for my old cabinet after I bought the Janome. Here's the link

Dreamworld

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags replied on Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:13 PM

The topper that comes with the machine is too small for machine quilting... I am looking for a larger surface area.  I am thinking of getting a custom table made for the machine if I can afford it.

My problem in the past is getting the adjustable legs for a custom table. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

I have a table extension for a Janome for sale.  A very kind, but needy friend gave it to me.  That was nice of her but - I already have one and it doesn't fit my BabyLock.  I told her that I would try to sell it and give her the money.

It is an 18 inch x 24 inch quilting/extension table.

It fits the following Janome machines: 6019QC; 6125QC; 6260QC. It is gently used. Please contact me  with any questions at k-patters@sbcglobal.net
It is $25.00 plus actual postage.  Here is a picture of it.   

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:02 PM

While I was at a quilt show in Duluth MN, a vender was selling sewing extensions.  The company name was sew fit add a table, mfg: quilters rule, waterford, wi. wwwquiltersrule.com 1800-343-8671  Ignore my clutter, but I really like the ruler and the fact that they had it to fit my machine which is a phaff 1475cd.  They said the could match any machine.

from Minnesota

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,876
Points 382,557
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 6:07 PM

LadyRags,

there's a QCA member named Colleen Kelly whose company makes custom fit extension tables. They may be able to make you one. Here's the website.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use