Bible Quilts group?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615
Janice D. Green posted on Wed, May 11 2011 4:20 PM

I would like to see a group that focuses on making Bible quilts. We could discuss various approaches to making the quilt blocks or different themes for the quilts (Children in the Bible, Women of the Bible, Stores of Jesus...) I just started a blog on this topic, but I think a group in QCA might get rolling faster than a blog. Is anyone interested?

Janice 

Bible Quilts, www.biblequilts.com

All Replies

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 50

Hi, Janice-  I have recently begun putting together a series of "historic" blocks for a bible series.  I've selected the blocks, bible verses, and a story of how the block may have come to be.  Since these are historic, they are pieced and not appliqued.  But it's been fun to research and work on this project.  I just don't know if there is an interest by others to do historic bible quilts.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615

Cindy Lou, I hope there would be an interest in your quilt. I would love to see your work as you complete your project. Are you going to make a book to go with your quilt, or find a way to include the information on the quilt itself?

Janice 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 245

Sounds like a neat quilt! 

I've returned to an earlier project that I'd started when my now adult son was a preschooler.  It's embroidered blocks of Bible stories.  I've finished the 12 Old Testament blocks and 2 of the 12 New Testament blocks. 

Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 245

Sounds like a neat quilt! 

I've returned to an earlier project that I'd started when my now adult son was a preschooler.  It's embroidered blocks of Bible stories.  I've finished the 12 Old Testament blocks and 2 of the 12 New Testament blocks. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615

Shirley G, I would love to see the blocks and the designs for your embroidered Bible quilt.

Janice 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615

I have nearly completed my first Bible quilt, The Creation. This picture shows it displayed at an outdoor book signing I attended last Saturday. I still have to use a hoop to hand quilt inside the hexagon blocks, and I may add a few more rows of machine stitching in the border. 

I am also trying to encourage crayon-colored quilts. Children can color the blocks before they are pressed and added to the quilt top.

My next project will be the Christmas story. I hope to generate a crayon-colored version that can be made into a Christmas tree skirt as well as into a quilt.

www.biblequilts.com

Janice 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,325 Posts
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:18 AM

Nice quilt. Where did you get the idea? Did you have a pattern? Or is this an original design?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,251 Posts
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:46 AM

Very nice Janice, colors are pretty together.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615

Thanks, Linda. The quilt is my own design. I would like to publish the pattern if I can find the time to write it all out. I'm afraid my first priority has to be getting the children's Bible storybooks and coloring books out. I think I'm wearing too many hats. :-)

Janice 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
101 Posts
Points 1,615

Thanks Marie.

Janice 

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use