Page 23 of 23 (343 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 342 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 7:11 PM

Yeah I know Thea, I've looked at it many of times when she first showed it, went thru several keyboards, because of all the drool lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 7:54 PM

No fair!  My sewing room is my huge bedroom as well..... so..... I can tell you this:  A couple of years ago I couldn't find my new Dyson vaccuum.  My son and I looked and looked, and then I started thinking all kinds of things!  Like the time my brother's apartment burned down, and I helped him get his stuff out.  At first I convinced myself that I had used it to help him, then as time went by I convinced myself that he had borrowed it BEFORE the fire, and it had burned down with his stuff! At that point I gave up looking, because my brother had moved to Germany, and there was nothing I could do.  After that, one night I asked my son to go upstairs to my room and get my sweater that was hanging "over the back of the chair in my room".  He came down with it and asked "You mean, hanging over the handle of the vaccuum -  that you thought you lost????  By the way, mom, there are a bunch of clothes on top of that vaccuum!"  :P

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 2:31 AM

Bella, ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:38 AM

This is my quilting space.  And you are not a slob!!!! 

When my Mother came to live with us after Dad died, we built a 25 x 30 addition for a Mother in Law apartment for her complete with handi capped bath, microwave and mini fridge.  She couldn't cook safey by herself and took all her meals with us so didn't need a full kitchen.  The area I had set aside as an eating area became a sewing center almost at once.  She could no longer sew on the machine due to problems of her legs and arms jerking unpredicably but could sew by hand and did!  We spent many hours together in her apartment, she making blocks by hand and I on the machine.  Between 2002 and her death in 2007 she completed 5 quilts (I set them together and quilted them) even though she spent her last 14 months in a nursing home she almost finnished the sixth during that time.  Now that she is gone I have a Grace quilting frame where her couch used to be.  The rest of the apt remains much the same complete with recliner seating, bed, and TV.  When the kids visit they use it as a guest room.   My quilting area is about 16 x 16 .  The apt. has 3 east windows, 3 south windows and 2 west windows so I have all the natural light I need.  Has so man windows because Mother loved light and being able to look out on the yard and  the pond in the woods.  This is the china cabinet Mother refinnished years ago and i spoke of in a thread about storing fabric.  Not all is in there.  Anything less than a quarter yard is in those drawers under the quilting frame, sorted by color.  The boxes under the table contain old jeans and and poplin shirts of my husband waiting to be made into quilts.  (I  made 2 before he died  18 months before Mother.)  I have a harder time working with his 'scraps' than Mother's.  Possibly because we were so connected in quilting and I know she would want me to use up everything.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,675
Pat replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:54 AM

Oh my God, Carol, could you give me the name of the pattern of the quilt that is on the closet rod?   It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Pat

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,780
Points 180,698
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:55 AM

Too funny Bella!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,080
Points 251,824
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:58 AM

OH .Bella that sounds like something I would do ,you gave me a good laugh this morning thanks,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,780
Points 180,698
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:00 AM

Flojo, thanks for sharing your story with us, sounds like good memories were made in that space.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 2:29 PM

All these rooms look great to me. Everyone has their own way of creating. I need things to be neat enough that I can put my hands what I need. I like to organize so I keep it pretty neat but I have a friend who works in complete chaos and it works for her. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:08 PM

Great room Flojo, with lots of great memories

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:26 PM

Flojo, thanks for sharing... wonderful that you were able to spend all that time quilting with your Mother.  It is wonderful that you and your husband were able to make such a living arrangement for her!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Bella, that sounds like something that could easily happen in our sewing romm/music room/storage room.

Flojo, what a great sewing space and great quilting memories you have with your mother.  Until I married DH, I lived with my parents in order to care for my mom who is whell chair bound and paralyzied on her right side due to a brain anyerism.  She got into quilting after I did and I would always do her cutting and help her whenever she needed help.  She is incredieble and out quilts me anyday.  I have since moved away but to my brother's credit he is learning to quilt and helps my mom with quilting.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:10 AM

and helps with the quilting

He will be repaid 10 fold in joy for every moment he spends helping and/or quilting with Mom!

Page 23 of 23 (343 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use