Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni Posted: Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:04 AM

Damage all around us, Praise God we were safe and no damage last evening.  Horses in fine fettle this AM.  Lost power about 2 am and back on at 8:30 am, slept thru the whole mess.  Yesterday the winds were roaring all around us the whole day, big winds.  Managed to make it to church and back home, God is so good.  Read on FB just now that the church sustained no damages and so far no bad news.

Neighboring town lost a big Hot Spot Station, it is no more, also one in another neighboring town.  Understand that 2 were killed in a Mobile Home nearby.  The loss of life is so devestating, I just pray for those who remain to pick up the pieces.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I found some pictures on WSB TV site of damamge in Spalding County.  Heard from our prayer chain coordinator that the little mobile home park in Sunnyside was completely destroyed.  That palce on 19/41 that has all of those old fork lifts and the camper place next to it suffered a lot of damage too.  Glad that you made it through with no damage and that the horses are OK.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,900
Points 180,438
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:28 AM

Lord please have mercy on those people who are going through this damaging weather and keep them safe from further harm, Amen.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,929
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 10:15 AM

Maire,I was just looking at pictures on Yahoo,these poor people got slammed  last night, I didn't even knowabout it . they are all in my prayers ,so many were killed It's just awful..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:42 PM

Yes, the damage in Spalding County is almost unbelievable!  12 minute video from WSB TV, Gov. let them film from his helicopter inspection.  It is amazing that there was so few injured or killed.  Spalding County did not have Tornado Sirens, thanks to our local tv stations, 2, 3, 5 and 11 we had up-to-date covergae every minute.  That coverage saved many lives.

My church called today to check on me and also to see if I needed any help with storm damage.  It may be a "mega" church but it is like a small one when it comes to those who attend.  We don't consider ourselves "mega" but many others do.   It truly warmed my heart that they thought of me, lucky I'm fine and so ismy home and property. 

It was pure joy to wake up and look out the window and see my 3 horses munching away on the big bale of yummy hay.  Being without power for the first couple hours afeter awaking, was nothing when I saw the damages others suffered.  It was like a corridor in my area that was untouched.  We had horrific winds, but no tornados.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.