Getting Rid of the Lint and Threads

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 12 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70

I have caught myself walking around with things around my neck, scissors, thread holder with a spool of thread hanging on it.  Even crochet hook behind my ear..........lol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:45 AM

Shirley, are you like me when that happens?. i spend 15 minutes searching for the items around me neck. lol

Sukoch

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

I used to use lint rollers but I found I like to use packing tape more. I use it where I iron , piece and especially  on floor. Its great for dog hair too, and less expensive. I also keep  batting near machine [warm and naturals my favorite, I bought a whole box when on sale].

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70

yes, yes, and yes.............lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70

I have carpet in my room, and don't like not being able to find dropped pins or needles, stapes, etc.  but if mine was darker it would help. Maybe I need to put a dark throw rug over the carpet???

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 905
Kate replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 5:00 PM

Tried your  idea and love it. As a side note, my husband has learned to check my lips before sneaking a kiss. Getting stuck by pins was no fun for him.

Kate

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 125

I use the clear round container from the deli beside my sewing machine and long arm.  I use binder clips to hold the container to my long arm.  I put painters tape, stick side out inside the one beside my sewing machine, because it gets moved around and knocked over from time to time.

I also use the lint roller, even on the floor so the threads don't get rolled up in the wheels of my chair.

Love all the ideas and help from this group.  Thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 11:25 AM

shirleysonshine@embarqmail.com:

I have carpet in my room, and don't like not being able to find dropped pins or needles, stapes, etc.  but if mine was darker it would help. Maybe I need to put a dark throw rug over the carpet???

Hi Shirley,

For dropped pins and scissors and seam rippers, go to the auto parts store and get a magnetic parts grabber.  It has an extension wand so you don't even have to bend over (important when you don't bend anymore!) and is strong enough to pick up a pair of dressmaking shears.  I know you can get a similar product from the quilt supply places or even your LQS, but I don't know how strong they are.  I keep mine stuck to the hinge on the closet door that's behind me when I'm at the machine.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use