Hi, I"m new

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 555
Pat Posted: Mon, Sep 14 2009 1:49 PM

Hi, I'm new here. This is a great site, and I've enjoyed reading your posts.

I have been quilting for several years but am still learning, and I'm always very slow. But I love it all--machine piecing and quilting, hand quilting and piecing, hand (needleturn) applique...well, I have to say the machine quilting does intimidate me, even though I blunder through.

I do have a question:

I recently read the Fons and Porter Sept. newsletter, and it it there was an entry and photo of a quilt that was made with circles on the front and this made into squares on the back, from what I understand. It was sent by a woman from Montana, and she said she had gotten it from a F&P video. I wonder if anyone can tell me which video and/or the name of the pattern. It is intriguing. She also made it so her grandchildren could use it for a checker board, which I think is great! Thanks.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 1:58 PM

Hi bandanagold and welcome to QCA.  I saw that in the newsletter too, but did not check it out.  Have you tried looking at the F&P website?  They have quite a few patterns on there.  Someone else on this site may have more info.

I've been quilting for about 16 years,  but I'm still learning too.  The quilters on this site have a wealth of quilting knowledge and love to share it.  Hope you will enjoy being here.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi and welcome to QCA bandanagold.

I don't have an answer to your question but did want to say that I am always learning, that is what is so great about quilting, there is always something new to learn. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 65
Mary Jo replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:57 PM

Hi, I'm new at this also.  Even though I've been a member for about ayear now and like to read all the forums this is the first time I have ever replied.  I also saw the Fons and Porter newsletter and I think you will find help on QNN TV.  If you go to the "Videos on Demand" section and click on Fons and Porter series 900, episode 905, you will find a video to help.

I hope this helps.

Mary Jo from Northeastern Indiana

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:12 PM

Hi Mary Jo and welcome to QCA.  I'm glad you decided to post and that you knew where that pattern could be found.  Please tell us a little about yourself and your quilting.  Since you've been reading the posts for a while you know how nosy we are!

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to QCA forums Pat and Mary-Jo! Aren't quilters great?! Ask a question and someone has the answer. Of course, sometimes the answers are wrong - like the one I posted and then deleted last night about the FW foot pedal - but at least we try!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,392
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:18 PM

Hello Pat,

welcome to the group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 9:09 PM

Hi Pat and Mary Jo!  I'm looking forward to getting to know both of you.  Keep those postings coming!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Mary Jo and welcome to QCA.  Like someone else said, keep those post coming. We are a nosy bunch and want all the details. LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:48 AM

Welcome Mary Jo hope you in joy this as much as we all do

Happy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Mary Jo--

Glad you've decided to become a "chatter" for the site.  I'm not much of a talker in my noncyber life, but the ladies in this group make sharing so comfortable that I've become quite the chatterbox.  Look forward to more of your sharing.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Pat

Im new too so its great to wellcome someone else I am sure we are going to learn a lot and make lots of quilting friends.

Jay-Marie.

Hampshire, England

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 4,190
Janie replied on Tue, Sep 15 2009 12:22 PM

Hi Pat,

Welcome to QCA. I am also new and am already hooked on the site and enjoy the postings.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,524
Pam Schue replied on Tue, Sep 15 2009 8:07 PM

Welcome Pat and Mary Jo.  This is a great site.  Your gonna love it here.  Enjoy!  Mary Jo it's nice to see another "Hoosier" here.  I live in Northwest Indiana. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use