rated by 0 users
This post has 142 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Shelia

Good Morning to you too and thank you so much for replying. It is great to have this site to talk to other quilters. How long have you been quilting? Do you belong to any quilting groups?

Have a great day

Jay-Marie Messitt

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Kathy

You sound like a really fun person my furry babies are sleeping as usual. We don’t often see Airdales  here anymore but I love them they are really nice dogs. Where are you from Kathy?

Have a great day over there

Jay-Marie Messitt

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Sandy

I am delighted to hear from you. I like the older patterns but I like some of the new ones too and I love all colours so I love to see all the different quilts. When I first started I only liked traditional quilts but I can now see the beauty in the more artistic quilts even if it is not always for me I will try and get some of my quilting pics on later in the week as my Hubby is going to Ascot on a course for the rest of the week  and it will just be myself and the Fuzzies 3 Cavalier Spaniels and a 14 year old cat, but I will have more time to quilt. I would love to see some of your quilts too Sandy it is great to see other peoples work.

Jay-Marie Messitt

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Sandy

I am delighted to hear from you. I like the older patterns but I like some of the new ones too and I love all colours so I love to see all the different quilts. When I first started I only liked traditional quilts but I can now see the beauty in the more artistic quilts even if it is not always for me I will try and get some of my quilting pics on later in the week as my Hubby is going to Ascot on a course for the rest of the week  and it will just be myself and the Fuzzies 3 Cavalier Spaniels and a 14 year old cat, but I will have more time to quilt. I would love to see some of your quilts too Sandy it is great to see other peoples work.

Jay-Marie Messitt

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Spudgrandma

Thank you so much I love your sparkly signature in the blogs and I hope to catch you too.

Jay-Marie Messitt

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Gini

Your home area sounds beautiful  you must post some pics for us to see You sound like a really busy lady how many Grandkids do you have? 90 degrees in the fall we are lucky to reach that in the summer.

Its great about you husbands great grandparents being from Scotland I wonder which part.

Have a great day

Jay-Marie

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi  Joyce

It is great to hear from you and I am so sorry to hear about your husband. One of my friends says quilting has helped so many people who have lost their husbands as we are such a caring group of people. You must come to the UK some time it is a good place to visit but very small compared to the states. I have been to Florida about 4 times and discovered  Jo anns I had always wanted to learn to quilt and I brought back some fabric it then took me over a year to find someone who did quilting and could find me a teacher, she is French or as she says she used to be French but not anymore she does not have any formal qualifications so the group of us spend more time talking sometimes than quilting but that’s good too. You could never ramble on as much as I do I think they think it’s strange where I live but we Scots like a good chat and are very friendly. It must be great in your home with all the different ages. Does your Daughter quilt? I love your cats names.

Jay-Marie

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Dawn

Thank you so much for your prayers. I have been to Florida 4 times Orlando and Sarasota and I know what you mean about the heat. I love German Shepherds my Mother used to have 2 a long and a short haired they are very clever dogs. I hope to get one more Spaniel we rescued Charlie 2 months ago and I have had Chelsea and Lucy since puppies. I will look forward to seeing you again also and although I have had some lessons and have been quilting for three years I have a lot a real lot of UFOs and I want to finish them. I have also volunteered to make some bags and small quilts for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel rescue so it will all keep me busy I just hope I am well enough to do them all.

Blessings to you too Dawn

Jay-Marie

Hampshire, England

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Jay-Marie,

I'm from Fort Worth, Texas.  I do a lot of volunteer work and fundraising for Airedale Rescue.  If you go to page three of 'Show & Tell' you will see the latest quilt I made for Airedale Rescue.

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Jay-Marie and Dawn! I know you will love it here. I live in the northeast corner of Wyoming, fairly close to Devil's Tower. If you saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind, you saw Devil's Tower. I retired from teaching high school English a year ago. I've been quilting for about 15 years, but have only recently done it more than sporadically. Right now I'm working on what I not so affectionately call StupidQuilt. Some day it will be completed and I can send it to the quilter.

Gillette, WY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:06 PM

Dawn:
I am in Saint Johns, FL. Which is between Jacksonville and Saint Augustine,

Hi Dawn,

I lived in Jacksonville a couple of different times, but it was a very long time ago.  The last time was when I was 10 - 12 years old.  And yes, it is Hot and more Hot today.  I bet you'll get some nice cool weather before I do.

I don't have any family up your way and all of my DH's family is around here or in KY.  I've found that Hicks is a fairly common name.

Southwest Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:14 PM

Hi Jay-Marie,

Welcome to the club. I am up very early in the morning, so we will probably cross paths. Sounds like a lovely day in the UK

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Hi Kathy

I will have a look at that  and get some ideas. It is almost 11pm so I am going to bed if I can't sleep it is great to know everyone is out there.

Goodnight

Jay-Marie

Hampshire, England

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,680
Diana replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:17 PM

Hello Again Jay-Marie,

Well, let's see if I can answer all your questions.  Summers are very warm.  Winters are very mild.  We came from the mountains in Upstate New York where we had 8 months of winter and 4 months of darn-poor sledding..LOL  Here in Tennessee,  they measure snowfall by 1/4 inch increments.  I think all of last winter we got about 6 inches if you added it all up.  Temps don't get really cold either.  When it does snow, wait til sun comes up and it melts the snow and we go on about our business.  We live not too far from the Great Smoky Mountains.  I get season tickets to Dollywood.   Being retired, the weather is nice most of the year so we can be out and doing things all the time. 

My friend in Nottinghamshire we actually met over the internet.  My husband was doing internet stuff, met him and actually worked for him.  He's a Brit, raised in Hong Kong.  His father was in the British Army for most of his life.  His father was a Major.  He came to US for some meetings with the American workers and that's how we met.  We just hit it off.  That was 11 years ago.  I talk to him 2 or 3 times a month.   He happens to be gay, so hubby doesn't get jealous...lol   He's also an ordained priest for the Church of Ireland.  He speaks, read, and writes about 14 languages, maybe 9 fluently.  He's a brilliant man.  And he's easy to talk to and has been a very good friend to both myself and hubby.  The quilt I'm making is called a "Disappearing Nine-Patch".  He wanted it in the Irish colors.  Green, white and orange.  He also requires that I have an American flag somewhere in it because I'm strictly American.  I'm a mutt....Scottish, Irish, English, Dutch, German and American Indian(Mohawk).

Diana from East Tn.      

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:27 PM

Hi Jay-Marie and Dawn,

Welcome to the club.  I don't get on the chat's as much as I would like to, but that is okay.  I live in Friendswood, Texas, about 30 miles inland from the Gulf Coast.  It has been a wonderfully quiet summer here, although very hot.  (no hurricanes).  We are thankful the temp is finally dropping down to 90 degrees!!!

I have been to the UK and it is a beautiful country.  Wish I could have spent more time there.  I no longer have any fur babies.  When the last one died I said no more for now.  I have been quilting off and on for a very long time, but just started getting serious about 19 months ago. I have been sewing clothes and decorator items for 50+ years.   I want to invest in a long arm soon, but am waiting for the Houston Quilt festival so I can try all of them out in one place. 

We hope you enjoy chatting with us as much as we enjoy chatting. Can't wait to see some of your quilt photo's.  (I have one on show and tell).

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 10 (143 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use