Top 10 Posters

where do you shop the most online?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 62 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
552 Posts
Points 11,595
Adele posted on Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:16 AM

Where do you shop the most online ? although we have a few quilting shops in my town I'm unable to get there, do to my kids (just dont have time to shop when i have them) and i can not drive so i would have to take the bus then walk a ways.

do you know of any shops that feel like a LQS ?

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• | Post Points: 485

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,587 Posts
Points 75,910
Answered (Not Verified) Karla replied on Sat, May 21 2011 9:18 PM
Suggested by Jean

I shop for a lot of fabric online, because my nearest LQS is 35 miles away and with the cost of gas and the fact that I babysit my two grandsons everyday I just can't get into the LQS.  I've tried just about everyone of the online sites mentioned and have good experiences with all of them.  They've all been timely (most of my fabrics have been delivered between 2-5 days, and if you can find all of what you want at any one shop and your order meets their set purchase, you don't  have to pay shipping.   I save up my fabric orders until I have enough to get the free shipping most of the time.

I found a really good site for Asian fabric if anyone is interested in that...DebSews2.com has a great selection, reasonably priced and excellent service.

Happy Quilting,

Karla

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10

Have you tried www.favoritefabrics.com? They are a mostly-online shop though local customers can stop in. They have a lot of fabrics to choose from, and their prices are lower than most of the LQS's in my area.

Shopping online there isn't *exactly* like shopping in person, but they do show you coordinating fabrics (not just those from the same maker or collection), so that's the next best thing to being there.

Oh - and their minimum cut is 1/4 yard, which is very budget-friendly. They ship internationally too. And they group the fabrics by color or theme, so it's easy to find what you're looking for.

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 30

Connecting Threads.  When it is late at night and you have the urge to buy fabric, they are always open.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,421 Posts
Points 415,889
gini replied on Sun, May 22 2011 12:17 PM

welcome to the group alora,      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
605 Posts
Points 12,675

Hancock's of Paducah is my favorite. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

I belong to FabShop Hop and have a list with my favorites shops that I like to call my LQS. We have a Joann's here and several shops, but their hours are 9 to 5 and closed one or 2 days a week. Then they wonder why they cannot make a go at it. One local shop is very cliquey and unless you take a class or know someone, you can stand around for hours to get a piece of fabric cut! So I buy mostly online, and having 24/7 oxygen, it is easier for me!

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

I like the Country Store I shoped there in person last summer and they have lots of sales. Also find Hancock, Quilt in a Day and Fabrics.com good sources but they have some limitations in yardage so you have to be quick with your order. Have fun! J

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,421 Posts
Points 415,889
gini replied on Mon, May 23 2011 9:42 AM

hi judith, welcome    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
179 Posts
Points 3,245

I shop at Connecting Threads, Hancocks of Paducah, and Fabric.com.  Fabric.com has some great coupons in their emails and if you are into making clothes they have some great knit sales every once in a while.  I also do shop at JoAnn's online but mostly for everything that isn't fabric. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
128 Posts
Points 2,270
Answered (Not Verified) Sherry replied on Mon, May 23 2011 9:41 PM
Suggested by Sherry

After seeing some of the  responses I was curious about Connecting Threads which I started buying from when I saw they were based in the good ol' U.S.A. and I noticed they were no longer stating that on their magazine. So, I wrote them. Their response was that the cotton is from the U.S. but is milled over-seas since there are no mills here. Rather disappionted as I am trying to support companies here. But, most cotton quilting material is not from here. So,.... Just for your information

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Hi Adele!  I love purchasing online fabrics via Fort Worth Fabric Studio.  Each Friday, I get an email featuring the newest and greatest fabrics they have for sale.  Love their site, love their fabrics and service.

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,681 Posts
Points 120,595

For all you quilters of Norwegian descent, I just found the most wonderful quilt patterns at

http://www.quiltingbookspatternsandnotions.com/publishers.php?category=Norway%20Quilt%20Designs

Even if you're not a Norske, you'll love the colors. Check out all the pages of patterns. I don't know what to order first. I love them all!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 30
Dobie replied on Sun, May 29 2011 8:24 PM

I like stitch-n-frame.net for online purchases.  They have a Thursday newsletter every week with some really good sales.  I also like to use the search engine quiltshops.com when I need something special because I can enter what I'm looking for and it searches many different quilt shops they displays which ones have it so I can comparison shop.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,421 Posts
Points 415,889
gini replied on Sun, May 29 2011 11:30 PM

hi twyla, welcome to the group,  thanks for the recommendation to stitch n frame, i'll go check it out.   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 265
Kitty replied on Mon, May 30 2011 6:16 PM

Dakota Cabin Quilts is my number one go to online shop.  Coming in a close second after DCQ are several: Hancock's, Keepsake Quilting, KTQuilts (Kansas Troubles) and Connecting Threads (for anything except fabric).  I have also had excellant luck with eQuilter for non Civil War fabrics.

Page 3 of 5 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use