Top 10 Posters

where do you shop the most online?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 62 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
552 Posts
Points 11,595
Adele posted on Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:16 AM

Where do you shop the most online ? although we have a few quilting shops in my town I'm unable to get there, do to my kids (just dont have time to shop when i have them) and i can not drive so i would have to take the bus then walk a ways.

do you know of any shops that feel like a LQS ?

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• | Post Points: 485

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:02 PM

Connecting Threads

Keepsake Quilting

And for cheaper fabric and other accessories, I use JoAnn's and Hancock Fabrics.

I think that is about all I use consistenly online. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:22 PM

I use www.thoussandofbolts.com most of the time, and for kids fabric I really like www.bugfabric.com. I just tried Connecting Threads for the first time last week. Another place I just ordered from is www.stitch-n-frame.net and I was very pleased with the fabric I got.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 1:34 AM

Equilter.com is my favorite.  It's easy to use and they sometimes have some great sales.  I check them all the time for fabrics for my stash, top quality fabric sometimes for under 5 dollars a yard. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
1,507 Posts
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 4:45 AM

I use Fabric.com a lot especially for wide flannel for my backings.  They also have great sales.  I go to Fabshophop.com to search for fabric of a particular print or whatever using their search option and it searches hundreds of shops for you and you find the cheapest.  Have fun shopping.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
552 Posts
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:18 AM

wow, thank you all so much for these site ill be off to check them out YAY, just wish i could buy something "sigh"  LOL soon i hope

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,561 Posts
Points 118,395

I get almost all of my fabric from LQS, but do shop online at times for fabric I can't find locally. I like www.fatquartershop.com for such things as jelly rolls and Moda wool for appliques. She was so helpful when I was out of a fabric and couldn't find it anywhere.  www.quiltshops.com is great for searching many online quilt shops at once.

I'm going to check out all the other suggestions also. But, like I said, my first choice is our local quilt shops even if I have to pay a bit more.

One thing that occurred to me. Isn't many of these online shops also a LQS?  I know a couple of the quilt shops in our town also sell online. So, perhaps even if we're shopping online, we can still support our LQS. Although nothing beats that in-person experience at the shop.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
552 Posts
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 10:14 AM

wow thanks Judy, great links

and Oh how i miss B,ham !!

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,517 Posts
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:34 PM

Another place online is fabricsgalore.com.  I have gotten some terrific fabric from them.     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
789 Posts
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:08 PM

No one has mentioned  Marshall's Dry Goods - it's in Batesville,  Arkansas.  We are lucky to be within driving distance = the quilt group here visits there  when we can, anyway.  Lots and lots of fabric - I think they manufacture their own, plus other kinds.  They have a lot of bargains and seconds, but also have the best brands and quality at decent prices.  The quilt shops shop there too!  www.Marshalldrygoods.com    Check it out.

Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:37 PM

I do try to use my LQS but sometimes the prices are so crazy high that it just isn't do-able. And because I am lucky enough to be so close to the border I can order on line, even with paying shipping and pickup costs, it's much cheaper. The two local stores are very distinct in their fabric lines, and sometimes they just don't have what I am looking for. But I do try them first.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 10:03 PM

The online shop I order from the most is Connecting Threads but I also love Grandma's Attic and Virginia Quilter.   All of these have beautiful fabrics and decent prices.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,451 Posts
Points 40,745
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:16 AM

Hi Adele,

I mostly use Fabric.com, Fabricshack.com, theoldcountrystore.com and connectingthreads.com because they have the best prices and they seem to be able to get the fabric to me quickly.  Most of them also have discounts on shipping with a purchase amount.  (Each site is different.)  The Old Country Store is in Intercourse, PA in the heart of PA Dutch country and reminds me the most of a LQS.  Hope this helps.

Mimi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 1:50 PM

Keepsake Quilting, Nancy's Notions and Connecting Threads.

I usually purchase fabris at our 3 LQS, all within 40 or less miles!  We shop and then do lunch!  My fantastic shopping partner   Marge aka Dimples, she is the best, great driver also, cute little red Jeep!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 1:52 PM

I find by the time you pay shipping, time etc. I am best off purchasing fabrics at LQS.  I gotta feel the fabric, don't ya know?

Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use