Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Sep 17 2009 10:50 PM

Thanks, Julie and Kris. Right now I'm reading CJ Box's "Below Zero" and Macomber's "A Good Yarn". Next will be Brown's "The Lost Symbol". Maybe I'll download the first book of Richard's books so I have it when I finish the others.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

If you are looking for Quilting DVD's --"Carol Doak Teaches you to PAPER PIECE."  Is the very best.  Easy to watch many times.   And handy when teaching daughters and grands to piece also.   Available from C&T Publishing, or her Web Site.

Ginnie Farber

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:28 AM

Ginnie, I don't know that we've welcomed you to the QCA forums, so welcome!

I never thought of paper piecing pieced blocks. I maybe should have done that for the stupid half-square triangles! LOL! I have done some paper piecing, though, and I did enjoy it.

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
kbaumwart replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 9:42 AM

These are books about quilts and quilters. One of my favorite books is an oldie " The Quilters, Women and Domestic Art an Oral History " by Cooper and Buferd (1977).  The authors are two women ,a writer and a photographer, from West Texas who met in CA. and discovered a common interest in qulits.  They interviewed quilters in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico and photographed them and their quilts.   The photos are wonderful and the conversations inspiring.  I've done book reviews and often reread it.    Another is "Quilts from the Henry Ford Museum" ((2005) by Fons and Porter.  "The Quilters" may be out of print but could probably be found online.  The Fons and Porter book also has patterns.  Kathy in OKC. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:30 PM

Hi Kathy, Ginnie, Julie, and Grammie.  Wow, what a lot of new members in one post.  I don't think I have welcomed any of you so wanted to say hello.  So glad you have all made it to the forums.  I'm sure you will enjoy visiting with all the friendly quilters here.

Ladyrags, maybe we should all pitch in and buy those cows a membership to QCA so they would want DSL out there in the boonies!  LOL  I'm kinda' far out too so we just got DSL about 18 months ago.  What a happy day that was!

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Kathy!

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,515

Bonnie Lynn McCaffrey has taught herself to do video and now produces not only her own DVD's but also for others. http://bonniemccaffery.com/shop/dvds.html Plus, she's a great person :)

Also check out Terry White http://www.threadpaint.com/

The cows might start quilting if they look in the windows while you're watching these.

~Jodie

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 150
94Quilter replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:15 PM

Hi, I simply also want to recommend Jennifer Chiaverini's books, and I recommend reading them in order. Cheers,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:24 PM

Hello dvkalist and welcome to QCA.  We're glad you're here.  There are a lot friendly, talented quilters here who love to share.  I hope you'll take a few minutes to tell us a little about yourself and your quilting.  Thanks for sharing your book recommendations.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Deanna37 replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:34 PM

Quilting book recomendations for Lady Rags. If you like a good mystery, here are a few authors that weave a mystery with quilting. Earlene Fowler's Benni Harper Mysteries; Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek series; Terri Thayer's Quilting Mysteries and Arlene Sachitano's Harriet Truman a Losse Threads Mystey. Happy reading.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Deanna, I see this is your first post, so welcome to the QCA forums!

Schitano is another author I've seen lately but haven't read yet. I'm going to Kindle to see if they have any in that format. Thanks!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

Marie Bostwick's books are wonderful.  We went to a local CT bookstore when A Thread of Truth came out and got our books signed.  Marie will be speaking our Nov. Guild Meeting in Southbury, CT.  She is a local woman who can't write books fast enough.  Can't wait for #3 in the series to come out next year. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

I recently purchased Pearl P. Peireira from P3Designs applique dvd.  It was great!  I learned alot.  Most surprising was that freezer paper shrinks and that you should iron it first before tracing your design. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 105

I can't believe that I am seeing a "Wyoming" lady here......I am originally from Wyo.  At least I grew up there.  Both of my parents were born there.......Very seldom do I meet someone who actually has lived there........We are Oregonians now and happy to be that......but I still hark back to those old Wyoming memories of gradeschool and middle school......wow.....I have never been to Gillette........Have a happy and safe week.....from one Wyomingite to another.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 850
lynnb replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:52 AM

Ladies, While I am sewing, I find that audio books are really great.  I can listen but still concentratre on what I'm doing. I am going to look into finding some of the  books mentioned.  If my rental service has them on audio CD, perfect!!!

By the way, I'd like to recommend any book by Lincoln Childs and Douglas Preston.  I especially like the Pendergast series. 

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use