Quilting Bloggers?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson posted on Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:10 PM

Hey all!  Happy Monday morning to everyone!  I'm looking for great quilt blogs to follow - to read on a daily basis and need all of your help to do this.  I don't follow any quilting blogs now, but would definitely like to.  Please give me your input on which blogs you like to follow......

Kim in Canada

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

I have been looking for longarm quilting blogs as well, so if anyone knows of any, please pass them on. I was on one some time ago but forgot to save the link and can't find it anymore.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,705 Posts
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:39 PM

Pat Sloan (love her)

Pacific Patchwork

Erin Russek

Freckled Whimsy

Tallgrass Prairie Studio

Gotta Quilt (Jeanine's Blog)

Bunny Hill Designs

Bonnie Hunter

Crispy Quilts

Moda Bake Shop

Crazy Mom Quilts

These are just a few of the ones I follow. Most of them list blogs that they follow that's how I find them. Just type the names in Google you'll find them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Fabulous list Kris!  Thanks ever so much.

Kim

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

google works but weeding out the blogs for a good one takes so much time.  I love Bonnie Hunters site and Patsy Thompson. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Thanks Vivian.  I've added those two names to my list.  For both Kris and Vivian - how did you guys come upon the quilting blogs that you like to read?

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,705 Posts
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 11 2011 2:49 PM

Vivian,

I started with Quiltville, (Bonnie Hunter's site) then I moved over to her blog. I then found Pat Sloan and I click through the blogs they read and continued reading from there. 

Pat Sloan has an internet radio program I listen to and I search for her guests from time to time. Some of them have really fun blogs.

Erin Russek was a recommendation from Gini.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

I just googled and looked, and looked and looked.  there is a lot of old blogs out there that some have started and abandoned and some are ... odd.  There are a lot of You Tube videos as I'm sure lots of you know.  I love watching the Sharon Schamber tutorials but not enough to pay for a subscription at this point, certainly when I have enough time at home when I get my long arm but darn shes good.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Vivian,

Go to Quilt It! the Longarm Quilting show, click on the episodes and you can watch Linda Taylor who not only gives longarm lessons but business tips as well.  Love her  and Quilt IT! too..!

Judylee

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use