Top 10 Posters

Accidental Landscapes

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

posted on Tue, Apr 5 2011 3:19 PM

Is anyone familiar with the book Accidental Landscapes? Or, has anyone done one of these scenes? The book was written by Karen Eckmeier. My electricity went out for 3 hours this morning and I dug into my books to read. The book was printed in 2008. I am thinking about trying to do a scene  but I am not too sure about this type of quilting. I would love to hear from someone who is familiar with this or has done a scene.

Joan

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,481 Posts
Points 417,074
gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:14 PM

hi joan, there is a group here that is doing a picture quilt of  their houses.   it has some landscape techniques,  you might want to check them out   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
37 Posts
Points 630

Hi....I just got this book for Christmas and I haven't made anything from it yet but it's on my to do list.  It looks pretty simple, as long as you have an idea of what you want to do. I read somewhere about taking a picture or using one from somewhere as your inspiration.  I want to do a mountain scene with the lake below and have started buying some fabrics i might work with. Would love to hear if you do one too!! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
402 Posts
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Apr 22 2011 8:16 PM

The book is on my "Wish List"--I know I won't get for Mother's Day because my daughter already bought me a mug and glass with the motto "Keep Calm and Carry On" on each (I was at the British Food Store with her and I was just about to buy them and she scooped them up and said--"OK, that's your Mother's Day gift.")  I hope to get the book in the next few months.  If everyone can hold off until then, maybe we could get some kind of project going and encourage each other along.

Pat

Not Ranked
Female
37 Posts
Points 630

It's not something I'll be doing real soon....it's my wish list just get to do it this year. Ha!  Let me know!!

replied on Sat, Apr 23 2011 6:44 AM

I am not in a hurry and maybe there will be more of us interested in the future. We can keep in touch and plan for that time.

Joan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Here is the link to the group Applecrisp started on how to make little landscape quilts:

Little Houses

The group is not very active anymore but the techniques posted in the pages section of the group are wonderful!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use