Top 10 Posters

Ordering fabric from Connecting Threads

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 16 verified answers | 130 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
402 Posts
Points 6,110
Pat M. posted on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:57 PM

Has anyone ever ordered fabric from Connecting Threads (located in Vancouver, WA)?  I am wondering about the quality of the fabric.

Pat

• | Post Points: 290

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 2:08 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, I have ordered several times from them. When they have a sale, they have a sale! You know what company makes the fabric and you can view the fabric up close. I have ordered 3 different fat quarter kits and it was like Christmas when the box arrived.

• | Post Points: 55
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,517 Posts
Points 50,880
Answered (Verified) Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 2:47 PM
Verified by Pat M.

I ,too, have ordered from them several times.  The only thing that I can add is that the colors you see in the catalog are not  always true as printed, and that a couple of them had larger patterns in them than was anticipated.  But you could always ask to see swatches before you purchase.  I have been using their threads also - Great bargains

Ginny

• | Post Points: 40
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Answered (Verified) Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:11 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat

I have ordered fabrics from Connecting Threads for several years.  I love their fabrics and I especially love their prices.  Their thread is pretty good as well.  I don't think you will be disappointed.   Like Richard I always order over $50 to get the free shipping.  You receive your order fairly quickly as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,524 Posts
Points 138,883
Verified by Pat M.

Pat,

I too have ordered from CT. Very happy with the quality of the fabric I bought ( It has  the same feel as the  Moda I purchased last year). and the batiks are beautiful! I did find the batiks not as vibrant as they come off over computer, but for me that was a good thing and some of the colors are off over computer, but if you're in doubt order charms. I thought Shipping time was good for the distance it had to travel. I purchased the mirages in both colorways. Great choice of colors, and great prices. Haven't ordered any Quilters Candy solids, but will definitely vouch for the rest. Plus, I love the fact that when I order I'm helping to support a USA company. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,598

I have been ordering from Connecting Threads for several years now.  I have bought fabric, thread, kits and books through them and have never been disappointed.  I even got my Kangaroo sewing table through them.  I think you will be pleased.  Even when not on sale, their fabrics is a good price. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 25
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,348 Posts
Points 174,613
Answered (Verified) Marie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:31 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, it's all been said and I agree with everyone, especially when they say it's made here in the USA!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170
Verified by Pat M.

Hi Pat,

I too, order from Connecting threads and have no complaint at all.  My first order was fat quarters in many shades and prints of brown and I used them to make the Hunter's quilt in my gallery.  Love the hand of the material that I purchased.

Judy Lee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429
Verified by Pat M.

I order almost all my fabric from CT. I buy layer cakes (stacks), charm packs , jellly rolls and this gives me an idea of what the fabric looks like and then will order by the yard if I need it. I use the Essentials Thread line and have no problem with it. Books, notions, tools... It is my favorite online place to shop.

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013
Verified by Pat M.

Yep...I love Connecting Threads.  I shop their sales and give away their kits for gifts to fellow quilters. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,653 Posts
Points 136,022
Verified by Pat M.

You can't go wrong with Connecting Threads.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
178 Posts
Points 4,560
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, I have ordered from them several times and have always been happy, I also have been to there brick & mortar store when we went on a family trip to Oregon.  The store is right across the bridge from Portland and I made my husband drive over so that I could go shopping.  Very, very nice store.

Currently I am doing a block of the month  for a calendar keeper on their website also.

Enjoy your shopping and hope to see what you construct with your purchases!!!

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Not Ranked
Female
52 Posts
Points 830
Verified by Pat M.

I order from them all the time.  Fabric is wonderful, customer service is great if there ever happens to be an issue, and the shipping time is very quick.  I wouldn't hesitate it ordering at all.

Jan in Reno

Top 150 Contributor
Female
521 Posts
Points 10,009
Answered (Verified) Jean replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:42 AM
Verified by Pat M.

Nana, received mine yesterday and already have a couple pages marked for things to order!!  I love Connecting Threads and have never been disappointed with anything from them yet!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 55
Answered (Verified) Diane replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 9:28 PM
Verified by Pat M.

I have ordered from Connecting Threads multiple times and have always been happy with the fabric I purchased.  It was the same quality as I have purchased at local quilt shops. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Answered (Verified) Joni replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:59 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Love CT, and especially love the Essential Threads, never break, shred or knot up.  Wonderful in both my machines, a Brother and a Featherweight.  Haven't changed thread in serger so that remains to be tried, no doubt it will be fine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,397 Posts
Points 415,529
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:50 PM
Verified by Pat M.

i've ordered from connecting threads.   their fabrics have a very nice hand feel, but i don't think they have as high a thread count as some of the nicer quilting fabrics.   gini

gini in north idaho

All Replies

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10

Connecting Threads used to advertise that their fabric was made in America... but then that changed to "made with cotton grown in America"... and now they don't even say that anymore. So I would not assume that the fabric is made in the USA. I think only Santee prints fabric in the US... and even so, I think that all the unprinted cloth is made in Pakistan or China these days. And most of the printing is done in China, South Korea, or Japan, with batiks coming from Bali / Indonesia.

Top 500 Contributor
179 Posts
Points 3,245

Yes, I totally agree with ginny.  The colors online, in the catalog and such are not what you are going to get at all esp. on the solid prints.  Asking for the swatches is the best way to get exactly what you want, but the fabric is nice and I would order from them again and again and again.  Love their threads.  For Christmas a couple years ago, my husband bought me the entire collection and I have never gone back to a local store for any thread needs.  I have bought a couple of their kits for quick presents and they are really nice too.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
165 Posts
Points 2,030

Amalie Simper:
For Christmas a couple years ago, my husband bought me the entire collection

Amalie, My DH did the same thing!  LOL!  What a great gift!  I love the Connecting Threads thread!

~Jaci

Jaci – Streator, Illinois

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

I've had very good luck with the fabric & kits ordered from Connecting Threads.  Also their sewing threads are great.  Quality isn't top but the price is quite reasonable.  Very nice color choices.

Dot, Ridgefield, WA

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 120

Hi Richard, I usre hope you can help me with my search for connecting threads discontinued fabric.  looking for the bed and breakfast line, fabric pattern called dover, and the color is red or brick it is maily white with small red flowers on it.  I can send a pic or you can see the orange and green color ways on the CT website.  only need section about 5" by 20".  Please let me know if you have any.

Thanks!

Kelly

http://www.connectingthreads.com/BedBreakfast_CD108.html

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
546 Posts
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 9:18 AM

LooKs good can't wait for it to start

Happy

Not Ranked
Female
20 Posts
Points 230
Lori H replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 9:40 AM

I have been ordring for a few years and they are getting better with thier fabrics and colors all the time..its gotten to be very good quality and colors are more vbrant too.  I have ordered several kits on clearance and great great prices1  Thread is good too!  I order about once a month also...sign up for their emails to know about weekly sales...The bew line of blue and whites are beautiful!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

I have the Bristol in brick but not the Dover.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 3:32 PM

breaker18:
I usre hope you can help me with my search for connecting threads discontinued fabric.  looking for the bed and breakfast line, fabric pattern called dover, and the color is red or brick it is maily white with small red flowers on it.

Kelly, I have a 10" square of this. Would that be enough for what you need?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

kelly ,I have a yard of this fabric ,its yours if yours if you want it , I have more of it .Let me know.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
78 Posts
Points 1,100

I'm glad you asked. I've been debating on an order for the last week. It's good to hear that other's have had good results.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:44 PM

Cathy

I buy from Connecting Threads all the time and have never gotten a bad piece of fabric.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 4 of 9 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use