Top 10 Posters

Ordering fabric from Connecting Threads

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 16 verified answers | 130 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
402 Posts
Points 6,110
Pat M. posted on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:57 PM

Has anyone ever ordered fabric from Connecting Threads (located in Vancouver, WA)?  I am wondering about the quality of the fabric.

Pat

• | Post Points: 290

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 2:08 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, I have ordered several times from them. When they have a sale, they have a sale! You know what company makes the fabric and you can view the fabric up close. I have ordered 3 different fat quarter kits and it was like Christmas when the box arrived.

• | Post Points: 55
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,835 Posts
Points 55,585
Answered (Verified) Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 2:47 PM
Verified by Pat M.

I ,too, have ordered from them several times.  The only thing that I can add is that the colors you see in the catalog are not  always true as printed, and that a couple of them had larger patterns in them than was anticipated.  But you could always ask to see swatches before you purchase.  I have been using their threads also - Great bargains

Ginny

• | Post Points: 40
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,790
Answered (Verified) Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:11 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat

I have ordered fabrics from Connecting Threads for several years.  I love their fabrics and I especially love their prices.  Their thread is pretty good as well.  I don't think you will be disappointed.   Like Richard I always order over $50 to get the free shipping.  You receive your order fairly quickly as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,666 Posts
Points 141,098
Verified by Pat M.

Pat,

I too have ordered from CT. Very happy with the quality of the fabric I bought ( It has  the same feel as the  Moda I purchased last year). and the batiks are beautiful! I did find the batiks not as vibrant as they come off over computer, but for me that was a good thing and some of the colors are off over computer, but if you're in doubt order charms. I thought Shipping time was good for the distance it had to travel. I purchased the mirages in both colorways. Great choice of colors, and great prices. Haven't ordered any Quilters Candy solids, but will definitely vouch for the rest. Plus, I love the fact that when I order I'm helping to support a USA company. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,618

I have been ordering from Connecting Threads for several years now.  I have bought fabric, thread, kits and books through them and have never been disappointed.  I even got my Kangaroo sewing table through them.  I think you will be pleased.  Even when not on sale, their fabrics is a good price. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 25
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,864 Posts
Points 181,703
Answered (Verified) Marie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:31 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, it's all been said and I agree with everyone, especially when they say it's made here in the USA!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160
Verified by Pat M.

Hi Pat,

I too, order from Connecting threads and have no complaint at all.  My first order was fat quarters in many shades and prints of brown and I used them to make the Hunter's quilt in my gallery.  Love the hand of the material that I purchased.

Judy Lee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429
Verified by Pat M.

I order almost all my fabric from CT. I buy layer cakes (stacks), charm packs , jellly rolls and this gives me an idea of what the fabric looks like and then will order by the yard if I need it. I use the Essentials Thread line and have no problem with it. Books, notions, tools... It is my favorite online place to shop.

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,771 Posts
Points 65,968
Verified by Pat M.

Yep...I love Connecting Threads.  I shop their sales and give away their kits for gifts to fellow quilters. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,092
Verified by Pat M.

You can't go wrong with Connecting Threads.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
178 Posts
Points 4,560
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, I have ordered from them several times and have always been happy, I also have been to there brick & mortar store when we went on a family trip to Oregon.  The store is right across the bridge from Portland and I made my husband drive over so that I could go shopping.  Very, very nice store.

Currently I am doing a block of the month  for a calendar keeper on their website also.

Enjoy your shopping and hope to see what you construct with your purchases!!!

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Not Ranked
Female
52 Posts
Points 830
Verified by Pat M.

I order from them all the time.  Fabric is wonderful, customer service is great if there ever happens to be an issue, and the shipping time is very quick.  I wouldn't hesitate it ordering at all.

Jan in Reno

Top 150 Contributor
Female
521 Posts
Points 9,969
Answered (Verified) Jean replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:42 AM
Verified by Pat M.

Nana, received mine yesterday and already have a couple pages marked for things to order!!  I love Connecting Threads and have never been disappointed with anything from them yet!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 55
Answered (Verified) Diane replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 9:28 PM
Verified by Pat M.

I have ordered from Connecting Threads multiple times and have always been happy with the fabric I purchased.  It was the same quality as I have purchased at local quilt shops. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Answered (Verified) Joni replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:59 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Love CT, and especially love the Essential Threads, never break, shred or knot up.  Wonderful in both my machines, a Brother and a Featherweight.  Haven't changed thread in serger so that remains to be tried, no doubt it will be fine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,740 Posts
Points 419,899
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:50 PM
Verified by Pat M.

i've ordered from connecting threads.   their fabrics have a very nice hand feel, but i don't think they have as high a thread count as some of the nicer quilting fabrics.   gini

gini in north idaho

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,092
Verified by Pat M.

You can't go wrong with Connecting Threads.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
178 Posts
Points 4,560
Verified by Pat M.

Pat, I have ordered from them several times and have always been happy, I also have been to there brick & mortar store when we went on a family trip to Oregon.  The store is right across the bridge from Portland and I made my husband drive over so that I could go shopping.  Very, very nice store.

Currently I am doing a block of the month  for a calendar keeper on their website also.

Enjoy your shopping and hope to see what you construct with your purchases!!!

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

Not Ranked
Female
52 Posts
Points 830
Verified by Pat M.

I order from them all the time.  Fabric is wonderful, customer service is great if there ever happens to be an issue, and the shipping time is very quick.  I wouldn't hesitate it ordering at all.

Jan in Reno

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:31 AM

Just received a new Connecting Threads catalog.  They have some beautiful new spring batiks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
521 Posts
Points 9,969
Answered (Verified) Jean replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:42 AM
Verified by Pat M.

Nana, received mine yesterday and already have a couple pages marked for things to order!!  I love Connecting Threads and have never been disappointed with anything from them yet!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 55
Answered (Verified) Diane replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 9:28 PM
Verified by Pat M.

I have ordered from Connecting Threads multiple times and have always been happy with the fabric I purchased.  It was the same quality as I have purchased at local quilt shops. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Answered (Verified) Joni replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:59 PM
Verified by Pat M.

Love CT, and especially love the Essential Threads, never break, shred or knot up.  Wonderful in both my machines, a Brother and a Featherweight.  Haven't changed thread in serger so that remains to be tried, no doubt it will be fine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,740 Posts
Points 419,899
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:50 PM
Verified by Pat M.

i've ordered from connecting threads.   their fabrics have a very nice hand feel, but i don't think they have as high a thread count as some of the nicer quilting fabrics.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,273 Posts
Points 35,215

I am late to this post as usual.   I have ordered several things from Connecting Threads and have yet to be disappointed.  The fabric has been top notch and I love the sales they have

Granny M

Not Ranked
10 Posts
Points 350
finers4 replied on Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:51 AM

stink they don't ship to new zealand :(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

gini:

Gini~Please tell us what your favorite online shop is.

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 335

I agree...buy what is made in the USA!

I have ordered many times and the fabric quality is great!

I have no idea of how many yards of fabric I have....but I have two bedrooms full of bolts of fabric. Lots of shelving and more stacks of fabric. I should buy stock in plastic containers too. The smaller bits of fabric I have sorted by size and color ala' Bonnie Hunter's Scrap USER System. Instant sewing pleasure!

XOXOXO Subee from Indiana

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,740 Posts
Points 419,899
gini replied on Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:53 PM

Diane Morgan:
Please tell us what your favorite online shop is.

i have never had a problem ordering online, no bad experiences.  i order more from equilter, just because of the variety.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,864 Posts
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:46 AM

Megan, sorry CT doesn't ship to NZ.  Do you have family or friends from the USA who could buy and ship it to you?  

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 9 (131 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use